Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
dapaul

Domedic RM2652 cooling problem

I have a Domedic RM2652 which I cannot get the frig temp. in the fresh food sec. to go below 44 degs., freezer 10 degs, on gas or electric. The frig section, I guess should be from 35 to 40 degrees? I checked the thermistor's resistance, it was 8,000 ohms, range in book is 7,000 to 9,000 ohms. I've moved the thermistor to different locations on the fins and installed a new Dinosaur control board. Last year I installed a new cooling unit coil which did not get hot on 110v or gas, they both worked properly. While driving on gas temp will rise then slowly go back to 44 degs while camping....Dave
dapaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:48 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

dapaul, Welcome to the forum. It sounds as if you have already tested or repaired the most logical causes for your problem. The changes in temp while traveling or stationary would make me suspect a blockage in the vent. Perhaps adding a fan to the vent could increase efficiency of the cooling unit. If you do a forum search I seem to remember some members doing this. Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:29 AM   #3
azlee56

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapaul View Post
I've moved the thermistor to different locations on the fins and installed a new Dinosaur control board.

I told my BF about the thing on the fin and to move it for cooling but he looked at it and thought it was the connection for the inside fridge light. Mine is still the 55 temps when on electric, works like a champ on propane.

If you figure this out please post so I can do the same here. If someone can explain why the thing on the fins goes to the light it would be appreciated too (the wiring).
azlee56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:09 AM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

dapaul -

You might want to take a look at this recent post "HVAC Troubleshoot" (6/04/2012) by bgilly found in the Travel Travel forum. It has some tips and suggestions for solving problems with A/C's.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:10 AM   #5
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by azlee56 View Post
I told my BF about the thing on the fin and to move it for cooling but he looked at it and thought it was the connection for the inside fridge light. Mine is still the 55 temps when on electric, works like a champ on propane.

If you figure this out please post so I can do the same here. If someone can explain why the thing on the fins goes to the light it would be appreciated too (the wiring).
One less hole they have to put in the side-wall. Slide it up to cooler temp. There is an arrow printed on the wall of the fridge. ▲ colder ... ▼ warmer
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:05 AM   #6
CincyGus

Making sure you have plenty of air moving through the cooling fins of the frig makes a big difference. If you don't already have 12v fans either in the exhaust stack/tube runing to the roof of the TT, they make ones that you mount in the top of the vent tube from the roof. Some have also used square computer vans in the vent area to blow air through the vent tube. The main goal is to get air moving through the cooling area to pull the heat of the cooling fins on the back of the frig.

I installed a small computer fan on my old Popup camper and it made a -15 degree difference in the temps the frig could maintain. Enouh that I had to adjust the temp setting down from max unless it was 90+ outside as it would freeze up in the frig section.

If increasing the air movement does not solve this, I would have a professional look at it as it could be some blockage in the tubing from being run or sitting very unlevel for too long.

Here is one that you install in the roof vent to draw air from below.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...-fan-12v/19709

One other thing I'll mention is to always load your frig with pre-chilled or even frozen food. I put my food in the house fridge prior to leaving for a trip and freeze anything I can and then load it in the fridge prior to leaving. Drinks go in coolers so the frig isn't opened 20 times a day every time soeone wants a drink. RV Frigs are maintainers and not really made to cool warm items and may take quite a while to drop the temp to below 40 if it is loaded with room temp supplies. Don't know if this appplies to your situation or not but if so, this will help a bunch.

2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Keystone Passport Express SL 238ML

My Camper and Mods https://s606.photobucket.com/albums/t...sport%20238ML/
CincyGus is offline   Reply With Quote