Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2012, 03:48 AM   #1
pollockd

Loud Water Pump

Hi Everyone,

I have a Laredo TT 291TG, one year old. The water pump is loud; much louder than the 8 times I used it last year.

I removed the wooden box covering the pump in the front storage of the trailer. Mounting screws are tight, tubes are not vibrating. When the pump is running, I held the pump and it is not vibrating much at all. The sound seems to be coming from within the pump. Water pressure appears to be normal.

Could there be an air pocket in the pump itself? What else could I try?

Thanks,

Dave
pollockd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Assuming the water pump is not failing internally, you said the mounting screws are tight. They should be somewhat loose to allow the rubber mounts to absorb the vibraiton. Also check that no PEC tubing is touching any of the cabinet/floor. Any vibration will be transferred throughout the structure and heard as a loud rumble.

You said the pump sounded loud "internally" I don't think there is any "air pocket" or purge procedure that will help with that. You may have had a little water left in the pump that froze and deformed one of the valves. If so, you can buy a new head for most pumps, but with flojet, it may be cheaper to just replace the whole thing...

If you're still under warranty, get it to the dealer quick as you're about at the end off warranty on a one year old RV. However, if your water pump is a flojet, check your warranty, most of them are 2 years

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:41 AM   #3
pollockd

Thanks. I'll check the make and model. I ran the pink antifreeze through it in the fall. It's just over a year...so we'll see about warranty.
pollockd is offline   Reply With Quote