Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2019, 03:32 PM   #1
jbrosecity

New member - long time RV owner - new to 5th wheels

Hi everyone....

I bought my first RV 10 years ago, started with a Lance Camper on a Ford F250, progressed to a Gulfstream Bounty Hunter motorized Toyhauler, next to a 43' tag axle County Coach, then a 43' Tiffin tag axle Allegro Bus, then downsized to a 27' Forest River Sunseeker, and now have a 2019 Forest River Forester 32' 3041DSF. We decided we wanted a "cabin by the lake" for summer use. I keep my 22' Catalina Sailboat berthed at the marina on Fern Ridge Reservoir in central Oregon, the ideal sailing lake in this part of the country and conveniently just 2 hours from our permanent home in Vancouver, WA.

Only problem is there are no RV parks anywhere near the lake that have openings. The only one on the lake is Fern Ridge Shores RV Resort and they have a 3 year waiting list, UNLESS you buy an RV already located in the park. So we did. We just got this gorgeous new Avalanche just 3 months off the Camping World dealer's lot, and it came with a great space in the park. Never owned a towalong at all, much less a 5th wheel, so this will be a new experience, biut since I don't own a pickup at this point, I won't be truckin' down the road, just sailing in my backyard. I'm now a 'senior' member of the Forest River online forums and look forward to participating in this one as well

www.Wind-seeker.com
jbrosecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 03:55 PM   #2
Cbrez

Scooooooooooore! The 5er looks awesome and what a view of the lake. Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

Steve & Diane
2015 Montana 3402RL
2017 F350 Super Duty Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke, Super Cab, Long Box, 4WD DRW
18K PullRite Super 5th ISR
Cbrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:29 PM   #3
Big1

Congrats and welcome, nice setup.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 05:35 AM   #4
jbrosecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Congrats and welcome, nice setup.
thanks very much! As I am new to this forum can anyone on this thread tell me how/where I can subscribe to a daily digest of forum posts? I am also a member of the google forum for Forest River and from that forum I receive a daily email with the subject line like this "FRF Daily - 9 New Topics" - I am getting no such thing from this keystone forum and am unable to find our where to select that for preferences. I posted my question to the new member section and got no reply. thanks for your help...
www.Wind-seeker.com
Old 08-07-2019, 05:45 AM   #5
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

I'll look at mine and PM you later today.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 05:57 AM   #6
jbrosecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
I'll look at mine and PM you later today.
thanks very much. I am pretty active on the Forest River Forum (I also own a FR Forester motorhome) and look forward to be an active member on this one as well
www.Wind-seeker.com
Old 08-07-2019, 06:06 AM   #7
newemptynester

Beautiful 5er and beautiful site. Welcome. Lot's of great information and a lot of knowledgeable people here.
2013 Laredo 29RKS

newemptynester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:20 AM   #8
Northofu1

from Toronto

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 12:31 PM   #9
KOZKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrosecity View Post
Hi everyone....

I bought my first RV 10 years ago, started with a Lance Camper on a Ford F250, progressed to a Gulfstream Bounty Hunter motorized Toyhauler, next to a 43' tag axle County Coach, then a 43' Tiffin tag axle Allegro Bus, then downsized to a 27' Forest River Sunseeker, and now have a 2019 Forest River Forester 32' 3041DSF. We decided we wanted a "cabin by the lake" for summer use. I keep my 22' Catalina Sailboat berthed at the marina on Fern Ridge Reservoir in central Oregon, the ideal sailing lake in this part of the country and conveniently just 2 hours from our permanent home in Vancouver, WA.

Only problem is there are no RV parks anywhere near the lake that have openings. The only one on the lake is Fern Ridge Shores RV Resort and they have a 3 year waiting list, UNLESS you buy an RV already located in the park. So we did. We just got this gorgeous new Avalanche just 3 months off the Camping World dealer's lot, and it came with a great space in the park. Never owned a towalong at all, much less a 5th wheel, so this will be a new experience, biut since I don't own a pickup at this point, I won't be truckin' down the road, just sailing in my backyard. I'm now a 'senior' member of the Forest River online forums and look forward to participating in this one as well

Wow - amazing site!!! Congratulations 🎉🍾🎊

2018 Laredo 340FL
2017 Ram 3500 4x4 6.7L Cummins Diesel (6’4” bed)
Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection
B&W Turnoverball
JT's Strong Arm Jack Stabilizers
KOZKO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, new member