Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2019, 11:48 AM   #1
LewisB

Sloshing Fuel Out of Fuel Station?

We took our new 2018 Raptor 353TS out a couple of weeks ago on a maiden cruise that included driving the Salt River Canyon in Arizona. This is a steep and very windy road that you can drive 25-45 MPH.

Our friends who were following us in their rig turned on their emergency flashers and flagged us down. According to them, when we went around an uphill right turn, there was gasoline "spewing" out of the back of the trailer at the fuel station! (They could both see and smell the gasoline.) The 353TS has duel fuel tanks - both were about 1/2 full (say 15 gal each). They think the centrifugal force on the gasoline due to the hill and turn were forcing gas out of the fill caps at the fuel station. However, we could find no evidence of leaks or wet spots.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? I'm thinking about replacing the caps with locking caps - any recommendations or part numbers that will work?

Thanks,
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 04:31 PM   #2
C130JSuperHerc

Weird!....
C130JSuperHerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 06:49 PM   #3
Rchall660

We have a fusion and had the exact same thing happen, A person behind us said they smelled and saw gasoline coming out around the corners and flagged us down, I replaced the 2 gas caps with new locking caps from our local auto parts store and it solved our problem. Both of our tanks were full though.
Rchall660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 04:16 AM   #4
LewisB

Thanks for your responses. Confirms my suspicions. I will replace both caps today!
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 07:40 AM   #5
dadnjesse

I would make sure you replace them with the correct caps, some are vented some are not, if you have the vented type gas caps don't replace with non vented ones.
dadnjesse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel