Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2019, 07:25 PM   #1
SummitPond

New RV, but not a Keystone :(

We really both have happy faces, but I am sad the new RV is not a Keystone. We've thoroughly enjoyed our model (a 19FBPR) and have been using it as the benchmark for comparison to others. We've been looking seriously for several months; the DW wanted something with additional seating (we only have the wrap-around dinette) and a walk-in shower (we have a tub/shower, and arthritis is preventing an easy egress). One has to keep the DW happy! We've looked at tons of floorplans online and in person. We have been to a couple of RV shows, and nothing we saw sparked both our interest.

The same with the ongoing RV show here in Jax; lots of nice stuff but nothing we could both agree on or thought was worth getting into debt for again. We stopped by an RV dealer that is out the way of the show on the way home and each of us saw a unit we individually liked, but nothing we both liked. Today was a different story.

We first saw the Winnie floorplan (2500FL) online, then found it at a local dealer. It meets both our requirements, and is only four feet longer and 500 pounds GVWR more than our current trailer. We're getting quite a deal for our trade and they're throwing in an E2 WDH. We're camping this next weekend (according to the campground manager, the campsite we're staying in can't accommodate the extra length of the new trailer) so we're picking it up following week.

I know it has been said this forum welcome owners of other brands, and I plan on continuing to frequent this forum. It has been an extremely educational site. I note there's a Winnie forum that appears to be owned/run by the same company as this forum (http://www.winnieowners.com/forums). There's also the (apparently Winnie-sponsored) http://www.irv2.com/forums. Any suggestions from former Winnie owners on which I should frequent/join?

Thank you.

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 08:24 PM   #2
busterbrown

Congrats on the new Winnie Minnie. Hope it gives you wonderful memories like your last coach.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:10 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Ken, just from me, but, RVs are now built dang near the same way no matter what you get. The "add ons"/appliances etc. are from the same people. I like a website devoted to "Keystone" products, on the other hand, your Winnie will have many, if not most, of the components of a Keystone. So, whether it's a Keystone or Winnie, I think most here want to support you as an "RV" owner. Good luck with the new RV!!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 02:43 AM   #4
notanlines

Ken, I can see congrat's are in order. Nice step up to just a few more niceties and a little more space! And like those above, I recommend membership at both sites.
I'll be passing your name along to my friend over at the Ford dealer. Try to make the jump to an F350 so when you and Momma go looking at a new Cougar or Impact you'll be ready to go. (Did I get a little ahead of myself?)
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 04:51 AM   #5
DocP

Nice layout, with a big bathroom. It's all a matter of personal choice, but I would prefer 2 theater seats in place of a dinette. Again, that's a nice camper!
DocP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 04:55 AM   #6
SummitPond

Chris, Danny & Jim

Thank you for your thoughts. I'm not "fretting" about this purchase nearly as much as the first. Education, help from you guys and experience has made the decision to upgrade much easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Ken, just from me, but, RVs are now built dang near the same way no matter what you get. The "add ons"/appliances etc. are from the same people. ...
Danny, you are so correct. Dometic, Lippert and other familiar brands were the basis of the appliances/components.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
... I'll be passing your name along to my friend over at the Ford dealer. Try to make the jump to an F350 so when you and Momma go looking at a new Cougar or Impact you'll be ready to go. (Did I get a little ahead of myself?)
Jim

We actually do get up to Germantown every now and then; we have friends (dating back to when we first moved to Louisiana in 1979) that now reside there. They live on a relatively busy street and have a steeply sloped driveway, so we park the trailer at their daughter's place a few miles away in Memphis proper. So it is a possibility!

Ken

2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
Old 02-10-2019, 04:59 AM   #7
SummitPond

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocP View Post
... I would prefer 2 theater seats in place of a dinette. ...
Doc

Thanks.

The couch/bed can be optioned as theater seating. Of all the ones I've sat in (in RVs at least) my back reminds me I like something firmer rather than cushier. The couch (at present) meets that need. There is always the possibility for us to get something that works for my back in the future. Time will tell.

Ken

Tags
keystone