Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2018, 08:38 PM   #1
ebomb

My first toyhauler

So I purchased a 2008 fusion 362, prettty clean except the stickers pealing of and a soft floor in the master bed room slide. But it was under 10,000.00, my question is the generator has never been ran since 2008 , any advice on starting it would be appreciated . Thanks
ebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:35 PM   #2
Brentw

Oil change, drain fuel tank, pull fuel line off at carb and blow or pump fresh fuel thru it. Pull carb and give it a cleaning. I would give the cylinder a bit of light oil and roll it over before starting it up.
2008 Goldwing
Brentw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:37 PM   #3
Brentw

Oh ya, congrats and enjoy. We love the extra room when there is no toy in the back.
2008 Goldwing
Brentw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 04:48 AM   #4
notanlines

Ebomb, all good advice from Brent. I would also start a fresh thread with a headline of "Starting an onboard generator." Or something similar. That rascal is going to be dead in the water after eight years. And the fuel in that tank will be just awful. I'd be very surprised if you don't end up with a new carb before it is over.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 04:59 AM   #5
Tinner12002

Congrats on your new hauler!
I don't understand why tank makers don't put a drain plug in their tanks, sure would make it easier to drain and get the old gas out! After you do what Brentw suggested and before I'd try running the gen from the fuel tank, I'd see if there was somewhere close to gen that you can get the line apart and get some non ethanol gas in a can and let it try and pull it through with some carb cleaner in it too.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 06:01 AM   #6
Ksupaul

Unless you’re a carb repairman, I would replace the carb to begin with.
Ksupaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 09:18 AM   #7
AbHDToyHauler

Buy a can of Seafoam as well. If you get it running this will help clean things up!
2012 Harley Davidson TriGlide (Trike) (Hers)
AbHDToyHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 12:22 PM   #8
whcarr

Let us know how you make out, did you try starting it?
whcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 02:13 PM   #9
travelin texans

This all sounds strange to me, I'd of been WAY more concerned with the "soft floor in the bedroom slide", the genny starting is the easy fix.
Soft flooring is usually the indication of a water leak of some sort, either a roof leak or piping leaks which can be a huge headache locating & repairing.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 04:56 PM   #10
wiredgeorge

The carburetor has a large hex nut on the bottom that is actually the main jet. When gas sits in the bowl, the jet is going to get gummed. Remove and clean with a fine wire and carb cleaner and the carb won't likely be your issue.

Can't imagine water lines in a slide. Most likely some Eternabond tape is in order.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 05:12 PM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Can't imagine water lines in a slide. Most likely some Eternabond tape is in order.
All of the kitchen slides that have the sink in the slide have water lines. Most of the residential refrigerators that are installed in slides have a water line that provides water for the ice maker. All of the Montana fifth wheels with the washer/dryer in the slide next to the upper bath have hot/cold water, the drain and the dryer vent in the slide....

It's becoming very commonplace to plumb water in slides, just like it's becoming common to expect air conditioning and a microwave as standard equipment. Just 10 years ago, those were still optional, extra cost equipment. 20 years ago, who would have thought about leveling systems and 40 years ago, nobody had gray water tanks, you just let it run out onto the ground. Things change, usually for the better, but water in slides still has some "perfecting" to do.... namely keeping it from freezing during cold weather camping.

But, yeah, water in slides is more common than you might think.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 06:37 PM   #12
ebomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
This all sounds strange to me, I'd of been WAY more concerned with the "soft floor in the bedroom slide", the genny starting is the easy fix.
Soft flooring is usually the indication of a water leak of some sort, either a roof leak or piping leaks which can be a huge headache locating & repairing.
I think it’s coming from the window , I haven’t picked the unit up yet as I’m in the middle of selling my other camper. This unit needs some tlc , slide floor on master bed room , decals peeled off and no awning as they had a screen room put on cause this unit was seasonal since new and a one owner. Other than that it’s realy clean inside and the garage is immaculate , gates not rotted and the roof looks good for under 9,000.0
ebomb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toyhauler