Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
msp2jxr

MKS326 A/C & Floorplan

I have the MKS 326 and if I lived in the Southern part of the US I would want the 2nd A/C unit. We live in the Northern climate and get by fine in the summer months for the most part. It would be nice to be able to run the living room A/C when you are in the Bedroom and the Bedroom A/C when you are visiting or watching T/V. When it gets into the high 90's and you are in the Sun it takes a long time for the one A/C to cool down the whole trailer. Jay and Lori.
2012 Cougar 326MKS (retired)
Mor-Ryde Pin Box
2015 Super Duty F350 6.7 4x4 King Ranch
2008 Super Duty F250 6.4 Diesel 4x4 Lariat (retired)
2005 Goldwing
msp2jxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:00 PM   #2
msp2jxr

My wife and I have the MKS 326 and really enjoy the 5er. The floor plan works well for us and it pulls smoother than the smaller Heartland we had before it. I think it has more to do with weight of the newer trailer than anything else because I have not experienced the chucking like I did on our last trailer. It was 2500 pound lighter and six feet shorter. We really like the extra room the bathroom slide gives you. The storage in the trailer is phenominal. I wish the cargo hold was taller but you always make sacrifices somewhere. We have had very few problems with the trailer and most things were fixed by me. Tighten this and straighten that kind of stuff. I did have a bad rim on the trailer but that was swapped out with another rim off a new trailer at the dealership. The one thing that caught me off guard was the water system did not have a suction tube to suck up the RV antifreeze from the pump. I had to install one and thought a trailer of this caliber would have that. The bulbs over the counter island burned out constantly (I believe from the vibration) and the fix is to buy the led replacements... No more burned out lights. I think you would really like the trailer if you purchase one. Feel from to contact Lori and me for more…. Jay
2012 Cougar 326MKS (retired)
Mor-Ryde Pin Box
2015 Super Duty F350 6.7 4x4 King Ranch
2008 Super Duty F250 6.4 Diesel 4x4 Lariat (retired)
2005 Goldwing
msp2jxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:34 PM   #3
webslave

We just bought our new Cougar (early October)... Prior to this past summer I would have bought it with just the one A/C unit...

We spent a couple of months out in the south western states (August and September, duh, what was I thinking). El Centro for 3 days comes to my mind right off... 118 degrees cooling off to a low 96 degrees at 4 am according to my thermometer. At the time we were in our old FunFinder 210WBS travel trailer (21') and the A/C could barely keep up running full tilt 24/7. There were other areas that were almost as bad, Bakersfield, El Paso, Kerrville, Houston, etc. I opted for the second A/C in our 35 footer...I'd rather be "over capacity" than be caught short when it comes to cooling under those circumstances.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin

2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
Built in brake controller and exhaust brake
Tri Glide TrailAir Pinbox / B&W Companion Hitch
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote