Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2022, 09:13 AM   #41
fable081

I use the best of both worlds, an aluminum roller that acts like a hard top when spread but does not block the back window so I can see the hook up when rolled up.
Truxedo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Truxedo cover.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	37805  
2017 Ford F-250 6.7 l

fable081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 02:18 PM   #42
Laredo Tugger

I'm in your corner Chuck.
I have the same product and explained the identical features as you did in Post #9 of this thread. This cover should work well for the OP.
RMc
Laredo Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 09:51 AM   #43
stevencina

I have a trifold hardcover, When opened on second fold to tow fifth wheel, I have to put a wedge under each side to lift the cover a few inches above the hitch. Seems to work fine for me.
stevencina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 11:55 AM   #44
jimborokz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCBadgett View Post
I have a short bed with the BAKFlip MX4 cover. My hitch is the B&W companion Slider. I have to flip the cover up against the cab when towing the fifth wheel, otherwise the hitch pin box hits the back bottom edge of the folded cover. My cover has 4 panels that fold, and as stated previously, it's hard to see over the folded panels. I have the 360 degree cameras, and use the one in the back of the cab to hook up. I would get this cover again if I had to replace my rig.
This is interesting. I have the same box and hitch as you. I have a tri fold cover so I am still covering 1/3 of the box where as you are covering only 1/4 and yet my pin clears the cover. What pin box do you have?
2017 F-350, psd,4x4, lariat, c-c, swb, srw
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 07:52 PM   #45
MCBadgett

I don't know the number, but it's a Morryde. The height might be part of the difference, since the forward edge of my pin box is at the same level as my bed cover.
Old 03-02-2022, 05:03 AM   #46
stevencina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmckaycr View Post
I’m in search of a hard tonneau cover that folds. Wanting to put a below the rail tool box in the bed against the cab. Also one that can fold up to use fifth wheel hitch without having to remove completely. So accessibility to the tool box and leaving attached are required. I have came across a bakflip mx4 but I’m not sure I’ll be able to open tool box lid. Any suggestions are welcomed. I am currently waiting for a gmc cc sb 3500. Thank you in advance.
I have a tonneau pro 3 fold cover, at the second fold it is over the 5th wheel hitch a few inches. I made a couple of wood wedges that i place under the edge of the second fold and raise it about 4 inches, attach with velcro so it is riding at an upward angle. Works fine pinbox turns under it.
stevencina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 09:50 AM   #47
ssthrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M2 View Post
I have the bakflip mx4 on RAM 3500 8’ with B&W Companion hitch. It works great with no interference. I have carried a generator under the front section down while towing. The last section hinge is 8” from the front and does allow it to and prop up against back of the cab. It’s likely that tool box stored there could be opened in that position.
X2

I carry a couple of fuel cans and a small tool box under mine. No issues at all.

2014 Keystone Laredo 292RL
2018 GMC 3500HD Duramax
ssthrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 06:51 PM   #48
skunked again

https://renegadecovers.com/product/r...v=7516fd43adaa

Just came across these. One of the pictures shows it folded, towing a fifth wheel. Picture 13 in the gallery.

Some of you might have even seen picture 60.
skunked again is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, fifth wheel