Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2011, 06:36 PM   #1
Jimmie Fan

325 srx Home at last

Yesturday we took a 2 hour drive to a dealer in PA to have our fifth wheel hitch installed and take home our new toy hauler. PDI went very well and no major issues were found. Towing was a breeze with a 3500 Chevy DWD. Found one issue when we got home that was an easy repair, staples seperated from right side of bed closet from transport home. Glued and re stapled and should not come apart again. Did first modification, DW wanted trash basket attached to under sink cabinet door. Also removed access panels in pass through storage to access water pump which when active creates excess noise and vibration.Will install a foam or rubber under pump to dampen vibration. Looking to add extra drawer in kitchen and will be installing vinyl rain gutter over ramp door. We found that the storage is much better in the 325 than in the class A that we prevously owend, however I had to buy a step ladder to reach upper cabinets. Our maiden voyage will be Dover Delaware in late September for Nascar Race. When I can figure out how to post pics I will. Updates to follow.
Jimmie Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:56 PM   #2
Bigpuddie

we looked at the 325 and they are a nice unit! If toy area had been bigger, I would have gone with one....cant beat them for the price. Have fun!

2011 Dodge 3500 SRW w/Cummins 6.7l and Bullydog (EGR, CAT, and DPF deleted)
2012 Raptor 365LEV
2006 Harley Davidson Road King
custom golf cart
Firestone 5k airbags
Reese 5th wheel hitch
Bigpuddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:01 AM   #3
dave-g

good luck with it.
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r
dave-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:36 PM   #4
Maxzd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie Fan View Post
Yesturday we took a 2 hour drive to a dealer in PA to have our fifth wheel hitch installed and take home our new toy hauler. PDI went very well and no major issues were found. Towing was a breeze with a 3500 Chevy DWD. Found one issue when we got home that was an easy repair, staples seperated from right side of bed closet from transport home. Glued and re stapled and should not come apart again. Did first modification, DW wanted trash basket attached to under sink cabinet door. Also removed access panels in pass through storage to access water pump which when active creates excess noise and vibration.Will install a foam or rubber under pump to dampen vibration. Looking to add extra drawer in kitchen and will be installing vinyl rain gutter over ramp door. We found that the storage is much better in the 325 than in the class A that we prevously owend, however I had to buy a step ladder to reach upper cabinets. Our maiden voyage will be Dover Delaware in late September for Nascar Race. When I can figure out how to post pics I will. Updates to follow.
Nice.. We are heading down to central Washington state then oregon coast next weekend and beyond. Still enjoying ours, congrats on yours.

I posted a bunch of mods including the extra drawer. It's in the mod forum, or the link below. Good luck!

http://bit.ly/o7injN

2003 Dodge Ram 3500
5.9L Cummins Diesel
2011 Cougar 325 SRX
Maxzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:29 AM   #5
smiller

One mod I would strongly suggest for the 325SRX is to put some of that adhesive gutter/drip rail tape above the rear door. During heavy rain a lot of water can collect in the gap between the horizontal part of the door and the unit resulting in standing water against the rubber seal, and in all such cases the seal eventually loses. The gutter will shunt most of the water away and prevent a leak.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:36 AM   #6
dave-g

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller View Post
One mod I would strongly suggest for the 325SRX is to put some of that adhesive gutter/drip rail tape above the rear door. During heavy rain a lot of water can collect in the gap between the horizontal part of the door and the unit resulting in standing water against the rubber seal, and in all such cases the seal eventually loses. The gutter will shunt most of the water away and prevent a leak.
I did this from day one- while pickup up my rv- the dealer said it was a great idea because all toy haulers he takes on trade seem to have water damage by the rear door. for about $15 you could save a a lot of damage in the future.
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r
dave-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:33 AM   #7
smiller

Well I can confirm it is an issue with the 325SRX, mine leaked quite a bit in heavy rain even though the seal looked solid (good contact area and pressure, no light visible, etc.) Problem is that the upper horizontal lip of the door is so flooded with water during heavy rain that water is gonna find it's way in, good seal or not. After the gutter tape... not a drop.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote