Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2021, 07:58 AM   #1
nlfrank

Key TV reception problems

I have the same issue, the family room TV picks up off the air transmissions fine, but the bedroom TV will detect the channels then loose them (no signal) within 5 minutes. I've already checked all of the coax connections, they are good and tight. Here is what else I have tested:

1. Moved the bedroom coax to the the KeyTv output terminal for the living room TV
2. Made sure all connections are tight (except for the actual antenna connection on the roof - didn't want to remove it, and it's probably fine otherwise the family room TV would work either)
3. Used a long run of coax to bypass the Montana's internal wires
4. Directly connected the RF antenna line to the bedroom coax (no signal amplifier and no KeyTV unit)
5. Connected the bedroom tv to the passthrough wall connector

None of these solved the problem. The only test that worked was connecting the TV directly to an old rabbit ear antenna that I magically still own. The TV worked like expected. I'm wondering if the KeyTV module is bad or the technology doesn't work but very little help given by Keystone RV. Seems they don't really care about it from my telephone call for help. Only work around is to stream video to the TV via HDMI connection or use an external antenna. Workable but a pain to setup when you just want to relax.

Thanks for any assistance.
nlfrank is offline   Reply With Quote