Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
rhansme

2003 Sprinter 249 RKS No Hot Water Pressure

I have a new to me, 249 RKS sprinter. I have solved all of it's riddles except one. I cannot seem to get any Hot Water Pressure other than a trickle. There is a one position bypass valve that when in the horizontal position I have cold water out of both the hot and cold side fawsetts. Thus bypassing the hot water tank, but when the valve is vertical I get a trickle of hot water like a valve is somehow stuck mostly shut and the cold water works fine. Could it be the check valve in the Hot water tank causing the problem. I have searched the trailer for another valve but there is none. The low hot water pressure is the same at all hot water fawsetts through out the trailer.

Thanks.

rhansme
rhansme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:44 AM   #2
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhansme View Post
Could it be the check valve in the Hot water tank causing the problem.
Yup, that would be the primary suspect. It should be a brass fitting on the rear of the WH where the hot water exits. It's a fairly easy replacement if you have any residential plumbing experience. Toughest part is getting to the back of the heater in some cases.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:12 AM   #3
Greysquirrel

Before you do any plumbing give the check valve a good hit with the handle of an adjustable wrench or the handle of a good size screwdriver that may solve the problem if not you will probably have to replace it.
Greysquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:50 AM   #4
rhansme

That bugger is on tight! I gave it a good go to try and get it out, but I could not budge that fitting. I will try hitting it a couple of times to see if I can loosen up some of the scale from the anode rod. It was pretty eaten up. I sprayed water in and got out some of the loose sediment but I am sure that the check valve is clogged up. Thanks for the tips guys. I may have to take it in for service, but it is a company trailer and they will be on the hook for the bill. I gave it a good go but I am not "Joe Plumber" and my home tools are not adequate for the job it appears.
rhansme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #5
hankpage
Site Team

Ya just need a bigger hammer. You are right ... in most cases they don't give you much room for leverage.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote