Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2017, 07:28 AM   #1
CamperDave

A few Questions Outback 293UBH

Hello, I am certainly no noob to the RV world but after buying this 2017 Outback 293UBH, I certainly feel like one. I asked the dealer during the PDI where many things are located and he did not know where anything was.

My searches are coming up dry so I was hoping my new friends here might have some insight. First, there are two dump outlets, one located in the rear (black & Grey), and the other in the center (Grey). My question is, why are there two?

The other question is, where is the water pump located? It's not under the sink or near the hot water tank. This could be a challenge when I go to winterize in November.

Thanks in advance!

-CamperDave
CamperDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:38 AM   #2
Outback 325BH
Gone Traveling

A few Questions Outback 293UBH

I have an Outback 325BH. Could be totally different, however I can share in hopes of providing help.

The two dumps are for tanks that are located in different locations. On mine, there is a black tank and a gray tank forward, so the forward dump services those two tanks. I have two pull handles for those two tanks, both dumping out the forward discharge . The rear discharge services a second gray tank located toward the rear. It has its own handle.

My water pump is located to the left of my master bed under a carpeted panel. The easiest way to find it is listen for it while it is running. Mine is located next to the water heater and just inside the wall where the outside shower and water connection is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Outback 325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:58 AM   #3
BuxCamper

If it is located to the left of the bed you will probably have to pull several screws to remove a panel to get to it. On my Bullet 248RKS its the top panel. I have to lift the bed storage door to get to the two screws on the right.

I used a multi-billion dollar government satellite navigation system to look for a rubber chicken in a tree!

2017 Bullet 248RKS towed by a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3L V8 W/ AFM
BuxCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:12 AM   #4
CamperDave

That's one place I never thought to look. There is carpet only on the left side which I thought was weird. Definitely going to look there. Thanks!

-CamperDave
CamperDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:26 AM   #5
Outback 325BH
Gone Traveling

Sometimes the screws are hard to find under the carpet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Outback 325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 09:37 AM   #6
BuxCamper

I looked up some pictures of your Outback trying to figure out where the power cord gets stored for your EMS question. I saw the carpeting to the left of the bed and thought that might help muffle pump noise even more. If you search my posts you'll see what I did to quiet my pump down. Next boondocking trip I'm going to try putting some towels over the pump compartment to see if that helps any more.

I used a multi-billion dollar government satellite navigation system to look for a rubber chicken in a tree!

2017 Bullet 248RKS towed by a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3L V8 W/ AFM
BuxCamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outback