Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2010, 12:23 PM   #1
mikenj

Looking for 298 BHS owners

Any 298 BHS owners out there? (TT). Looking for opinions and experiences. Waiting for my delivery.

2001 Chevrolet Suburban LT - 8.1 Big Block- 4:10 rear.
Reese dual cam sway control
mikenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 01:27 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

mikenj:
One of our previous members - W902 - purchased a Cougar 298BHS last July. Haven't heard from this member for quite some time. You might try sending him a Personal Message and see if he is still around and can give you some opinions.
Welcome to the forum by the way.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:06 PM   #3
ems330

Bought our 2011 298BHS about a month ago. What do you think of yours so far? Is it a good overall trailer?
ems330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:28 PM   #4
mikenj

I like it alot. So far, no problems with it other than a missing gasket on the black tank flush.

It could use a bit more cabinet space, other than that, its been a solid unit. How about you?

2001 Chevrolet Suburban LT - 8.1 Big Block- 4:10 rear.
Reese dual cam sway control
mikenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:10 AM   #5
ems330

Supposed to take it out this weekend for the maiden trip. Will let you know how it does.
ems330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:57 AM   #6
W902

Hi Mike and Festus - still here, just haven't been back for awhile. Yes, I still have my 298BHS and my wife and I love it as it gives my 3 boys there own bathroom to use in the back where their bunks are and my wife and I our own full bath up front between our room and the kitchen. No major problems, except early on - I thought I was having delam problems with the front and rear caps until I researched more and found out that my issue was design - insulation makes thin paneling wavy, looking like delam, but is actually fine. I did have an issue with dealer and Keystone warranty, but dropped it as warranty ran out. The couch bed has a nice blow up mattress and electric air pump that you plug in behind couch and is switched. Took the trailer in for warranty work and one problem was that the mattress went flat. Patch it or replace it right? They chose replace it - with a cheap mattress and battery powered air pump. I called BS - if I bought a trailer with aluminum wheels, I'd expect aluminum wheels to be replaced in warranty - not painted steel. Same issue! Keystone refused to replace with original pump and mattress - said it was "like and kind". Dealer agreed with me, but whimped out after Keystone denied first request. Got into summer season and never followed up, so I'm stuck with the cheap mattress and pump. C'est la vie. My fault. Otherwise, nice trailer -leaving tomorrow for 3 more days!
W902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:52 AM   #7
kschitoskey

289 bhs

Currently on our 4th season with our 07 289BHS. Has been an excellent coach. Couple of necessary upgrades - 16" load range E tires, trailair suspension with wet bolt upgrade kit, Steady Fast stabilizers, 6 volt golf car batteries and heavy duty drawer slides on the pan drawers. Still shines like new, tracks straight, and has been extremely reliable. No complaints here!
kschitoskey is offline   Reply With Quote