Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 02-29-2020, 07:16 AM   #21
Fishsizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbart56 View Post
You can order it on the XL’s. I built one a couple of weeks ago just to see what was available. The only thing I noticed not offered were leather seats.
Sorry I meant you can use Forscan to turn it on with Lariat and above. Dealer can turn it on any trim
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 08:16 AM   #22
geeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
Tis why I carry a good scan tool under rear seat of my truck... I can read and clear issues that come up while on the road. For example.. a little bit of moisture on the MAP sensor on a Duramax will put engine into limp mode..25 mph max speed... clear error in 10 seconds. Out of limp mode...

Pulled sensor out..1 10mm bolt and 10 seconds to wipe off oil residue on sensor and reinstall...

Last time my 2007 was at dealership was in 2007 when I bought it. If I had issues that I couldn’t fix myself I’d go anywhere but a dealership.
Just an FYI, the MAF sensor can be a little fragile. they do make an aerosol cleaner for MAF if you are having that pop a lot.

Totally agree on carrying a good scan tool.
geeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 09:02 AM   #23
msubobcats

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
Just an FYI, the MAF sensor can be a little fragile. they do make an aerosol cleaner for MAF if you are having that pop a lot.

Totally agree on carrying a good scan tool.
I bought a can of cleaner several years ago..

I had a really strange occurrence with my truck, see sig, and only happened when I towed. An example: we would leave our home and 35 miles later would pull into Bordertown, just into Nv. Go in and eat, come out and start truck to head out and within 5 seconds the check engine light would come on and stay on. We pull into the rv park, unhook and later go into town. The check engine light is off and stayed off until we towed again. Code would read MAF. BUT it only happened with our first 5th wheel. Never happened again after we got our next unit..... Weird huh...I

Sig doesn't show so a 2002 Silverado 2500hd with the 8.1.....
msubobcats is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, light