Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 01-09-2021, 07:36 PM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

When I joined the Air Force "many years ago" we were given a AFN (Air Force Number) that was our "identity" on everything. Then, around 70-75 (can't remember the exact year) that was converted to using the SSAN, reportedly to simplify the amount of special identifiers. We all complained and pointed out that on the social security card, it plainly states, "NOT TO BE USED FOR IDENTIFICATION PURPOSES" Didn't matter to the "4 stars" do it anyway.... Now, the military is/has moved away from the "9 digit SSAN"....

There was a time that it was printed on my checks because I had to write it on the face or I couldn't cash a check on base.... In today's society, identity theft is just too easy to accomplish. I'm reluctant to help someone "steal me"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 12:09 AM   #22
LewisB

How many stops????

Wow - 13 stops to purchase 274 gallons - that means you averaged using 21 gallons between stops!!! I could never do that. Getting into and out of fuel stations can be a real pain.

With a 45 gallon tank + 90 gallon auxiliary, I fuel at home and then make 1 or 2 stops for fuel to travel the 274 gallons worth. I simply can't imagine having to stop every 20 gallons....JMHO

How do we pay? Credit card with 4% rebate. Plus we buy most of our fuel (before and after trips) at the local Fry's and typically get $1/gallon off from our grocery credits. I figure we have just about paid for the auxiliary tank at this point plus I've saved countless hours of hassle getting into all those fuel stations.
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel