Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2019, 12:19 PM   #21
Local150

When I bought my 5ver was part of deal for better trailer tires was made. Fire dealer down road from RV dealer. I went there talked to tire guy, for price , then back to dealer and RV dealer paid for tires.
Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 12:26 PM   #22
Jakswe

Winter tires needed

Those appear to be summer tires. It is the correct time of year to put winter tires on. The winter tires you select could be some LTs or XLs... my summer and winter tire sets both -eventually- get switched out to XL tires.
Jakswe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 12:50 PM   #23
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local150 View Post
When I bought my 5ver was part of deal for better trailer tires was made. Fire dealer down road from RV dealer. I went there talked to tire guy, for price , then back to dealer and RV dealer paid for tires.
This quote is verbatim from the instructions the vehicle manufacturer's retailer MUST follow: FMVSS 571.120 paragraph S10.3; The tires on each motor home and RV trailer at first retail sale must be the same size as the tire size on the labeling.

As you can see the vehicle must have changed ownership from the dealer to the consumer.

The exchange for tire brands is allowed as long as the information on the tire matches the information on the vehicle certification label.

If the dealer has allowed the use of tires of another designated size before 1st sale the federal certification label will be invalidated. If the trailer manufacturer has not approved those tires as options, or suitable replacements, the dealer will not be able to change the trailer's certification label.

Don't forget to register the replacements. Each manufacturer has a link. In the reference I'm showing the one from GY.

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/company/register-tires
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 01:04 PM   #24
Local150

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWtheMan View Post
This quote is verbatim from the instructions the vehicle manufacturer's retailer MUST follow: FMVSS 571.120 paragraph S10.3; The tires on each motor home and RV trailer at first retail sale must be the same size as the tire size on the labeling.

As you can see the vehicle must have changed ownership from the dealer to the consumer.

The exchange for tire brands is allowed as long as the information on the tire matches the information on the vehicle certification label.

If the dealer has allowed the use of tires of another designated size before 1st sale the federal certification label will be invalidated. If the trailer manufacturer has not approved those tires as options, or suitable replacements, the dealer will not be able to change the trailer's certification label.

Don't forget to register the replacements. Each manufacturer has a link. In the reference I'm showing the one from GY.

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/company/register-tires
It was a used trailer, and I put same size but larger weight limit a d speed tires, and China bombs were on the trailer and I reached with American made
Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 06:48 PM   #25
Snoopy

please get you truck weighted. you might find that it comes in close to 6k lbs with a full tank. If your gvwr is 18,100 take the truck weight off of the gvwr. if the difference is less than what ford claims you can tow and equal to 11024 or more than give it back to the dealer and demand heaverier tires (lt). Fed and state law's in most states state it tires must be equal or greater than the factory specs.
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 11:48 AM   #26
Gfrenz

If you had ordered it you would have had the option to order better tires.
Gfrenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 04:15 PM   #27
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfrenz View Post
If you had ordered it you would have had the option to order better tires.
Not unless they are a predetermined option. Of course, that depends on your intreptutation of "better tires".

Brands meeting the trailer's Designated tire size specifications from the certification label can be substituted. I doubt the trailer manufacturer would substitute brands not on their OEM provider's list.

Tridet is a major provided of OEM tires for Keystone products. Here is a listing of their current brands inventory.

Rainier ST - Rainier ST Apex - Goodyear Endurance (ST) -
Goodyear G614 RST (LT) - Trailer King (ST) - ECO-Trail (ST) -
Elevate STR - Airsun (ST) - Sailun (ST) -
TowMax STR II

The Goodyear G614 inventory will not be replenished. They are being discontinued. The Endurance brand provides a LRE tire with more load capacity than the G614 and at a reduced 80 PSI.
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 04:24 AM   #28
Todd727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
please get you truck weighted. you might find that it comes in close to 6k lbs with a full tank. If your gvwr is 18,100 take the truck weight off of the gvwr. .
The GVWR of an F150 is not 18,100 (F350/450 dually is 14,000). The OP posted the GCWR, which really is not part of this discussion.

He should post the GVWR and the FAWR/RAWR. If he would do that, it would be fairly clear that he has more than enough tire.