Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2020, 05:08 PM   #1
Steve72tr

2018 Cougar Half Ton

Trying to figure out some things in the 5th wheel we just purchased. First the gray and black tank valves. There are two valves in the convenience area which aren't marked and of course both have black handles. Second thing would be where the fresh water is put in at. The city connection is at the rear but in the convenience area there are three hose connections. I know one, to the far right, is the black tank flush... the other two not sure. Went to a dealer and they weren't sure. I'll attach pic of the convenience area and hopefully someone knows. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200221_105542.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	25318  
Steve72tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:06 PM   #2
tech740

My guess is you will have to do some testing and labeling. I would think the two other hose fittings are setup that one fills your fresh tank and one is city water for direct feed to the plumbing with no water pump use. If everything is new, no bathroom usage, I would fill each tank with water and pull the drain. Then check on the monitor panel to see what tank lost level and label the vale pull. Do that for each tank and inlet and you should be all set.

2019 Ram 3500 6.7 HO, Aisin Trans 3:73
Reese Goosebox
2019 Sandpiper 379FLOK
tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 04:07 PM   #3
Tbos

It’s crazy you have labels going multiple directions. They should have explained everything when you picked it up. At this point it will be the test and label method.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 08:26 PM   #4
Spinkboy

Go through my old post same thing. They are color coded in my post and folks gave feedback. Enjoy 2019 29RKS
Spinkboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar