Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Recalls
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2019, 02:32 PM   #61
LHaven

When you're in HVAC, the left-hand circle gives you a choice between air conditioning, heat, fan, auto climate control, and off.
Old 12-09-2019, 02:33 PM   #62
Rdynbama

Ok I’ll look again when I get home
Thank you

2011 F450 Lariat
Anderson Ultimate Hitch
Rdynbama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 03:50 PM   #63
Rdynbama

L Haven Thank you
I found it right where you said it was and it works fine now
When/if it gets cold here in south Alabama I’ll check it again

2011 F450 Lariat
Anderson Ultimate Hitch
Rdynbama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 12:11 PM   #64
Canza_Goldens

Was it just the thermostat you needed to warm up right on the wall? I might be fighting a battle I cannot win.. it is presently 1f and I need to get the trailer I guess to 40F before the furnace will kick in... so if I can get the heat directly onto what I need to I might be able to get the furnace to turn on. SIGH
Canza_Goldens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 12:15 PM   #65
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canza_Goldens View Post
Was it just the thermostat you needed to warm up right on the wall? I might be fighting a battle I cannot win.. it is presently 1f and I need to get the trailer I guess to 40F before the furnace will kick in... so if I can get the heat directly onto what I need to I might be able to get the furnace to turn on. SIGH
Known problem with Dometic HVAC interface. Fixable under warranty if not expired.
Old 12-14-2019, 12:20 PM   #66
Canza_Goldens

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
Known problem with Dometic HVAC interface. Fixable under warranty if not expired.
Yes that is the plan for Monday morning (I already called and of course service is closed on weekends) BUT... I would like to get the furnace going today if possible... so was wondering what part to put heat directly onto
Old 12-14-2019, 06:03 PM   #67
LHaven

You'd have to put heat onto the thermistor, which at least in my rig is not in either the Dometic gateway or the inCommand display module. It's in a small black plastic bumpout on the wall opposite the display. Look for a raised circle about 1.5" wide.
Old 12-14-2019, 06:32 PM   #68
Canza_Goldens

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
You'd have to put heat onto the thermistor, which at least in my rig is not in either the Dometic gateway or the inCommand display module. It's in a small black plastic bumpout on the wall opposite the display. Look for a raised circle about 1.5" wide.
Thankfully I figured it out a few hours ago! Its up to 59F now! Hopefully it stays running all night! Thank you!
Old 02-08-2020, 05:34 AM   #69
JD2019Cougar5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Dad View Post
Correct the module is located in the AC unit as they need to talk together allowing the fan of the AC unit to run in unison with the heating system should you choose run it also to help spread the heat throughout the camper.

My parts came in, I talked the dealer into giving them to me to install so I don't have to have the hassle of an appointment and hauling the trailer to them to leave it.

It took me about 15 minutes to swap out the control module. Unfortunately we are have a very abnormally warm weather pattern right now and I can't test it until our temps get back below 40 degrees.

Here is the label on the box I was given.

Parts in the box but you will only replace the black module box.

You will need to get on the roof and remove the 4 Phillips screws and lift the cowling off of the AC unit. I then carefully separated the foam box housing the fan and control module. I was able to grab the two places shown by the arrows to gently pull to separate.

The arrow shows the location of the module. It is held down with strong double sided tape. I used one hand to hold down the gray box while pulling up on the module.

I noted the module I removed had the #2 toggle switched so I made sure the new module switches matched the one I removed.

While putting everything back our wonderful mouser climbed the trailer ladder and joined to supervise, lol.

I will wait to go back up and put new double sided tape on until I can verify it works below 40 degrees but all works perfect right now.
Hi Happy Dad,
Thank you so much for your in depth post. I did not see the original issue. My 2019 cougar has a problem with the AC relay clicking when the heat comes on, and the heat short cycling. Was this similar to your issue?

Thanks again
JD2019Cougar5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 07:22 AM   #70
barterry46

Thank you for this posting. We are picking up our brand new 2020 cougar with InCommand, so we will try to see what happens, if possible in Texas weather, when we attempt to start the furnace as part of our pre-check at dealership. ( Have quite a list to run systems etc.)
barterry46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 11:30 AM   #71
Robertk

have you figured out where the circuit board is located? I'm trying to replace mine myself
Robertk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 01:21 PM   #72
wobly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertk View Post
have you figured out where the circuit board is located? I'm trying to replace mine myself
What circuit board are you referring to? The gateway (black box with wires going into it) is in the A/C unit itself.
wobly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 10:07 AM   #73
tdijet

For anyone needing to use their furnace or AC while awaiting to get into service or parts. It actually does not have anything to do with the actual air temp, but appears to be more about the sensor reading.

I have a Fuzion 357 and have the AC issue when sensors read over 100 degrees. Assuming this same work around is effective for Furnace issues when reading under 40 degrees.

Locate the sensor for the room you wish to activate, then hold an ice pack to it to cool down the sensor. Once you get a reading 99 degrees or lower, you will be able to activate the AC unit. I used the above method yesterday to get all 3 units running on generator power.

Sensor Unit:

Keystone was not any help and simply deferred to contact a service center. No matter how much detail I gave them. I needed the above work around as the soonest I can get into a service center is October
tdijet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 10:57 AM   #74
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdijet View Post
I have a Fuzion 357 and have the AC issue when sensors read over 100 degrees. Assuming this same work around is effective for Furnace issues when reading under 40 degrees.

Keystone was not any help and simply deferred to contact a service center. No matter how much detail I gave them. I needed the above work around as the soonest I can get into a service center is October
This is a known recall issue. The culprit is the Dometic HVAC gateway unit located in your AC well. It needs to be replaced with a different model that does not have this bug.
Old 08-04-2020, 11:53 AM   #75
tdijet

Exactly, unfortunately I’m 2 months out from a service opening. Figured this would be helpful to anyone stuck like I am in summer until the fix can be applied.
tdijet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 11:21 AM   #76
HAIR FARMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Dad View Post
Our 2019 Cougar 34TSB has the iN-Command system. The trailer has the Polar Package so I thought I'd see how well the furnace performs in our Nebraska winter. The furnace will not fire. I trouble shot it and searched the web high and low.

I then called ASA Electronics, makers of the iN-Command. They informed me there is indeed a problem. The system will not work when the temperature is below 40 degrees F. They say it is an issue with a circuit on the Dometic furnace and that Keystone is very aware of the problem.

I next called my dealer and they are also starting to hear about the problem. The gentleman there who knows the most about it is on vacation so I left him a message to call me with with a status update on how Keystone plans to address the problem.

Just a heads up and stay tuned.
HAPPY DAD
I have exact same issue with my 2019 30LRS
I did open ext furnace access cleaned sail switch
And reset furnace THEN she fired up.... however
Thermostat fails to respond to drop in temp and
Propane dose not ignite.... very frustrating... thx
Your post HD.... comforting .... holiday today in
Canada But I’ll contact my dealer tomorrow!!!
HAIR FARMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 05:57 PM   #77
Charlie405

My 2019 cougar 310, seems to have this issue. I went to turn the furnace on to do some work inside the unit, and the furnace would not start. The fan would not come on either. I removed the cover outside to check the light on the furnace board, and nothing. Took it to the dealer, they said to run unit with the fan in auto, and unit ran fine, if course, they brought it inside, and it was warm. Picked it up, tried it and unit seemed to work. Next day went to start the furnace to do the work inside, and would not start again... Will be calling dealer and mention what has been said here. They don't believe me....
Charlie405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 07:13 PM   #78
David Hernandez

I have a 2020 Alpine 3400rs with a Dometic furnace 35121. Attempting to use my furnace in 60° temps to see of it works. Furnace lights up as advertised for about a minute and half then shuts down. I can hear the fan blowing but no burner activity. Exhaust is free and clear of debris.

I've heard it could be a Sail Switch issue, a thermostat issue , and also read to switch out the 15amp resetable fuse panel fuse with a standard 15amp fuse.

Question, since it does start and run what I believe to be correctly for the minute and half, is it a motherboard issue????
David Hernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 07:33 PM   #79
LHaven

Your posting is ambiguous. You say it "lights up as advertised," then you say you "can hear the fan blowing but no burner activity." Which is it?
Old 01-11-2021, 06:46 AM   #80
ChuckS

With the number of posts I’ve seen in the last few months with Atwood furnace...and that’s what he’s got it’s a good bet the sail switch isn’t completing circuit.

All the OP heard was blower motor run and then furnace lock out after 3 failed attempts.

The sail switch on these late model Dometic/Atwood furnaces is pure junk

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, furnace