Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2020, 08:53 AM   #41
E Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
December 16th my wife and I were hit in a glancing head-on collision, when a "distracted driver" swerved into our lane. Thankful to the good Lord, airbags and seatbelts that it was not worse. Jan took a beating from the airbag and was purple from head to toe for weeks! I got away with a cut/swollen knee and forearm.
Alpine, how do you like your new RAM. I'm considering going that route with a 3500 Longhorn Laramie Dually. What are pros and cons or likes and dislikes with RAM.. test drove one yesterday. Ride was a little firmer, harsher. Do the airbags make a difference...... i apologize for cutting into your forum..
Old 01-21-2020, 09:03 AM   #42
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Rod View Post
Alpine, how do you like your new RAM. I'm considering going that route with a 3500 Longhorn Laramie Dually. What are pros and cons or likes and dislikes with RAM.. test drove one yesterday. Ride was a little firmer, harsher. Do the airbags make a difference...... i apologize for cutting into your forum..
My sister has a 3/4 ton newish Ram. What I didn't like is that she programmed it somehow to nag her husband when he drove to slow down if he was over the speed limit. Was coming out of the radio so must have been tied to GPS and trucks computer. NO WAY! (My sister likes to drive like an old lady... well best not say more as I am older than her).
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
Old 01-21-2020, 11:10 AM   #43
Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampress_me View Post
Alpine, I’m so happy you 2 are fine! The photos/ story of your truck bought back memories of our October. Daughter (who had her license for 3 months at the time) was driving to school one morning and was hit by a distracted driver also. She luckily walked away. The Escape, well, it didn’t.
We too are thankful for your daughter, as she was able to "walk away!"

Jeff & Jan - Retired & Full-timing since 2013
2019 Ram Big Horn 3500 Aisin 4x4
2012 Alpine 3450-RL
Double Coin 235/75R-17.5/16 J rated 125lb
Old 01-21-2020, 12:04 PM   #44
Alpine

Quote:
Really enjoying the new Ram.... the ride is still "busy" but not as harsh as my 2012 (3500)! Time will tell if the smoother ride continues. I had over 100,000 miles of towing on the 2012, if that makes any difference in ride over time??? I did put on Firestone Ride Right Air Bags (2012). I felt the most advantage was when towing... in being level and even distribution of weight on the truck. Not towing and having about 10# in the airbags (tires at 65#)...the ride of the truck was still very busy. I have not put on airbags (yet) on the 2019.

Jeff & Jan - Retired & Full-timing since 2013
2019 Ram Big Horn 3500 Aisin 4x4
2012 Alpine 3450-RL
Double Coin 235/75R-17.5/16 J rated 125lb
Old 01-21-2020, 01:34 PM   #45
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
My sister has a 3/4 ton newish Ram. What I didn't like is that she programmed it somehow to nag her husband when he drove to slow down if he was over the speed limit. Was coming out of the radio so must have been tied to GPS and trucks computer. NO WAY! (My sister likes to drive like an old lady... well best not say more as I am older than her).
Hope my wife never finds that on our 2016, hopefully it doesn’t have that feature.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
Old 01-21-2020, 07:36 PM   #46
gearhead

Glad my wife doesn't read this forum.
If you're not towing, air the rear tires down. I've run as low as 42#. It helps.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
Old 01-26-2020, 10:09 AM   #47
fordmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
Yes it was totaled. They sent me a 22 page readout of all the parts & hourly rates needed to bring the truck back to proper working order. Once the air bags are deployed it is pretty much a given they will "total" your vehicle.
If that was only true....I’d be far less busy and I could camp more! Air bag deployment does not constitute a total loss. That’s what my company does for body shops, we scan vehicles and replace air bags, and associated components. It contributes to the overall cost of repair, but the real thing working against you is the resale value of the vehicle.
Old 01-26-2020, 11:03 AM   #48
Bob R

Quote:
Anyone know a good lawyer in El Paso Texas . I was T Boned Friday jan. 17, 2020 on my new F350 . It caught fire. I know insurance will take care of most of it but FORD should take some responsibility as I was almost trapped.. when someone spends over 80k , that's the last thing you'd expect. .
I think Ford has had plenty of these happening and without a specific personal injury then it would be a waste of your money to find a lawyer. He will take your money and you will get nothing but bills.

https://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2...ismissed.shtml

bob
Old 01-26-2020, 11:15 AM   #49
Jbrobson1958

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
So glad that you and your wife came out alright and yes as a pastor in my church it was Him that protected you and your wife.
Or it was him that allowed you to be in an accident and allowed the truck to catch fire.
Old 01-26-2020, 11:22 AM   #50
RET.LEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I'm sorry. Tboned in your new F350 and you want Ford to take some responsibility? I'm thinking I'm hanging the idiot that hit me (providing you were in the right) with a ball bat (figuratively speaking) but Ford....? Maybe it caught fire? Circumstances are 100% the dictator. Are you alive? Thank Ford instead of looking for someone to blame or sue.
X2X2X2X2X2X2X2X2X2 I like how he was "almost trapped" either you're trapped or you're not.
Any time you walk away from a serious accident you're a lucky person!
I worked enough accidents that when I pulled up I thought I would be calling for the Coroner...just to find the occupants standing or sitting along side of a totaled vehicle.
Cars and trucks today are built to such high safety standards that if you have your seatbelts on you will survive and in many cases just walk away from it.
BUT
Nothing is perfect and in the destructive force of a impact just about anything can happen.
This guy needs to be sending Ford and NHTSA a thank you for the rigorous testing that they do. If anyone is at fault it's Ford's supplier that made the seat belts for Ford.
Old 01-26-2020, 11:46 AM   #51
E Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by RET.LEO View Post
X2X2X2X2X2X2X2X2X2 I like how he was "almost trapped" either you're trapped or you're not.
Any time you walk away from a serious accident you're a lucky person!
I worked enough accidents that when I pulled up I thought I would be calling for the Coroner...just to find the occupants standing or sitting along side of a totaled vehicle.
Cars and trucks today are built to such high safety standards that if you have your seatbelts on you will survive and in many cases just walk away from it.
BUT
Nothing is perfect and in the destructive force of a impact just about anything can happen.
This guy needs to be sending Ford and NHTSA for the rigorous testing that they do.
I said "almost trapped " because the front fender had pushed into the door. Therefore having to use force in order to open it. I do apologize if i miss spoken or offended you....

2021 F350 Lariat Ultimate Pkg,FX4,CC,LB

2017 Alpine 3660FL
Old 01-26-2020, 12:06 PM   #52
RET.LEO

Quote:
I said "almost trapped " because the front fender had pushed into the door. Therefore having to use force in order to open it. I do apologize if i miss spoken or offended you....
I found it strange how in post #40 you called Ford wanting "assistance in getting another one" which says to me you were hoping for one at a discounted price. That's not their responsibility.....that belongs to the guy that hit you to make you "whole" again.
You were willing to take another Ford if they gave you "assistance" in getting one but when they refused, you're not sure now if you even want another Ford?
Hmmmm
Old 01-26-2020, 01:16 PM   #53
E Rod

Quote:
I found it strange how in post #40 you called Ford wanting "assistance in getting another one" which says to me you were hoping for one at a discounted price. That's not their responsibility.....that belongs to the guy that hit you to make you "whole" again.
You were willing to take another Ford if they gave you "assistance" in getting one but when they refused, you're not sure now if you even want another Ford?
Hmmmm
I would of like some consideration for them to assist with getting into another but in no way did i imply they give me one. I called them to report the incident and when it was obvious they didn't care, i left it at that. You have the right to your opinion as i do mine. And as for you being an L.E.O. means nothing as my practically my entire family are L.E.O. and they've seen many accidents as you describe. They too agree that FORD has some responsibility just like the airbag situation...

2017 Alpine 3660FL
Old 01-26-2020, 02:20 PM   #54
E Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Shepherd Guy View Post
How weird is that. Who would have thunk that a SEAT BELT would cause a fire on the carpet?
EROD glad to hear you escaped. Did the fire have anything to do with that recall?
Again, good to hear you are OK.
Thank you, I appreciate the info. Unfortunately i haven't received any letter

2017 Alpine 3660FL
Old 01-26-2020, 02:29 PM   #55
RET.LEO

Quote:
I would of like some consideration for them to assist with getting into another but in no way did i imply they give me one. I called them to report the incident and when it was obvious they didn't care, i left it at that. You have the right to your opinion as i do mine. And as for you being an L.E.O. means nothing as my practically my entire family are L.E.O. and they've seen many accidents as you describe. They too agree that FORD has some responsibility just like the airbag situation...
Actually it would go back to the manufacturer of the seat belt manufacturer. Just like with Toyota and Takata. Takata made them and went belly up because of it...not Toyota.
Ford will take care of the recall and charge back to the manufacturer.
Your relatives probably told you that to get the whining to stop. I'm sure they probably "tried" to tell you the same as Ford did: the responsibility to make you "whole" again lies with the guy that hit you and his carrier...unless there's more to the story?
Hmmmmmm
Old 01-26-2020, 03:16 PM   #56
E Rod

Quote:
Actually it would go back to the manufacturer of the seat belt manufacturer. Just like with Toyota and Takata. Takata made them and went belly up because of it...not Toyota.
Ford will take care of the recall and charge back to the manufacturer.
Your relatives probably told you that to get the whining to stop. I'm sure they probably "tried" to tell you the same as Ford did: the responsibility to make you "whole" again lies with the guy that hit you and his carrier...unless there's more to the story?
Hmmmmmm
There is more to the story. FORD has known of this issue since the 2015 model year with the F150..we're now in 2020...I'm sure my family told me what i wanted to hear" NOT" . As they have seen this many times.. good thing you are retired... you shouldn't be seeing things you can't handle. Conversation over....take care, God bless and many safe travels

2017 Alpine 3660FL
Old 01-26-2020, 03:50 PM   #57
JRTJH
Site Team

The thread is "going nowhere fast" and is now violating community rules for decorum. Thread closed.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Closed Thread