Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2019, 04:48 AM   #21
atkinsb3

Wow! for a mere $30 and an order to etrailer, my life is just about to get so much easier (ok, maybe just a little easier).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Spare.JPG
Views:	226
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	24006  

Bill and Kathy
2018 Passport 2670BH "Bubbles"
2017 Titan Crew Cab "Thirsty Lady"
atkinsb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 12:50 PM   #22
Fishsizzle

Just about ready to start a thread asking about boat trailer tires. 5 years next spring. Carlies, maybe 6k on them. Have a trip to Havasu in Feb planed.

Thinking of jumping to 8 ply when I buy.
2020 F350 Crew DRW 6.7, 4x4, 10 sod auto, 4:10 gears
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 02:09 PM   #23
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishsizzle View Post
Just about ready to start a thread asking about boat trailer tires. 5 years next spring. Carlies, maybe 6k on them. Have a trip to Havasu in Feb planed.

Thinking of jumping to 8 ply when I buy.
I replaced the "TRACKER" tires on my Tracker Marine trailer 3 years after I bought it new. They were already 1 year old when I bought the rig, so 4 years total. I installed Carlisle Radial Trail HD tires. They have performed without problems and when it comes time to replace them again, I'll stick with the Carlisle's unless something else is cheaper. At $75 each (WalMart special order) they are the cheapest "quality tire" I could find.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 09:28 PM   #24
Fishsizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I replaced the "TRACKER" tires on my Tracker Marine trailer 3 years after I bought it new. They were already 1 year old when I bought the rig, so 4 years total. I installed Carlisle Radial Trail HD tires. They have performed without problems and when it comes time to replace them again, I'll stick with the Carlisle's unless something else is cheaper. At $75 each (WalMart special order) they are the cheapest "quality tire" I could find.
Thanks! And thanks for spelling Carlisle! I like the HD as well and will pick up 4 before we head out. Anxious to get into some striped bass
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 05:08 AM   #25
skids

Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsb3 View Post
Wow! for a mere $30 and an order to etrailer, my life is just about to get so much easier (ok, maybe just a little easier).
How quick can you unscrew that hose from the spare before your tire loses too much air?
Old 10-28-2019, 06:59 AM   #26
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids View Post
How quick can you unscrew that hose from the spare before your tire loses too much air?
How quick can you get under the truck? Will you get wet if it's muddy? How about removing gloves (if it's cold) vs using "touch screen gloves" that have more tactile sensation? How about the visor on my baseball cap: Will it block my vision while laying in the mud, on the ground (or should I always carry a blanket) looking up? Maybe if I roll on my side, take off one glove, roll under the truck (calculations on how and where to start so I end up in the right position under the truck, not looking up so the cap visor won't block my vision) and maybe, since DW is smaller, I can get her to do it for me? Or, should I call 911 and wait for the emergency team and tell them to bring a compressor with them ????

Sheesh..... Now I'm tired just from answering your "what if" in yet another thread......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires