Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2019, 09:49 AM   #1
Carrottop

Air conditioning vent

Hi all,

I thought I would share this story just in case it helps someone else. So on Friday night the wife and I go to bed and I can hear the AC cycling on and off every 5-10 minutes. It would run for 30-45 seconds and off it goes. I am lying in my bed now not sleeping thinking what the hell is going on with the AC. I lay there most of the night planning my repair attack for the morning. So at first light I wake up shut off the AC and rip the thermostat apart, no problems there appears to be working and getting good voltage. Next I get up on the side of roof very gingerly and remove the cover on the AC and I have the wife turn on the unit. Everything seems ok but the same thing it goes on for 45 seconds to a minute and shuts off and restarts 5-10 minutes later. I was just about to throw in the towel and call a mobile repair and I see the DW turning one of the other roof vents. So I ask her what she is doing and she states I want air blowing in these areas. Low and behold she had turned a roof vent close to the thermostat to point directly at it and when it cycled on it would bring the thermostat up to temp and shut off, 5 min later back on again. What a waste of 3 hours on a Saturday. I have told her she is no longer allowed to touch the roof vents.
2015 Nissan Armada 5.6
2021 Keystone Residence 40FLFT
Carrottop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:02 AM   #2
08quadram

Mine was going the same thing this last weekend. Going to have to check it out and see
1-wife / 1-dog / 2-kids
08quadram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 11:39 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

An easy "fix" that worked for me was a two step approach:

First, I made a production of removing all the A/C vent covers, taped under them (something I'd planned to do anyway) and announced to the DW that moving them would make them leak and make it hot inside the trailer...

Second, (and probably the step that really fixed it): I took her step ladder out of the trailer and hid it in the rafters in the pole barn. She looked for it several weeks, then finally announced, "We must have left the ladder at a campground somewhere, I can't find it." So far, I've never acknowledged her remark, so I suppose (at least in my mind) that I didn't do anything "mischievous" or "underhanded"......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 04:46 AM   #4
mwemaxxowner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
An easy "fix" that worked for me was a two step approach:

First, I made a production of removing all the A/C vent covers, taped under them (something I'd planned to do anyway) and announced to the DW that moving them would make them leak and make it hot inside the trailer...

Second, (and probably the step that really fixed it): I took her step ladder out of the trailer and hid it in the rafters in the pole barn. She looked for it several weeks, then finally announced, "We must have left the ladder at a campground somewhere, I can't find it." So far, I've never acknowledged her remark, so I suppose (at least in my mind) that I didn't do anything "mischievous" or "underhanded"......
[emoji1][emoji38][emoji1787][emoji23]
mwemaxxowner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent