Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2021, 08:15 AM   #1
bacase

Cougar 29BHS Black Tank Flush blocked

On our Cougar 29BHS - I tried using the black tank flush over the weekend and it appears to be blocked. I was using a flow meter on the hose and it showed no flow at all. So I pretty sure it's not a leak but rather a blockage. I have seen where the back-flow valve can cause this issue - anyone know the location of this valve? give the black tank is below the toilet/shower - could it be behind the shower faucet? Just looking for a place to start before I start rooting around in/under the camper.

Any other reason why the black tank flush would be blocked? Trailer is only a few months old and we do this was working when we picked it up from the dealer (dealer demonstrated it to us).

Thanks!

2019 Chevy Silverado 5.3L | Max Tow Pkg
2021 Cougar Half-Ton 29BHS
bacase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 08:36 AM   #2
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacase View Post
On our Cougar 29BHS - I tried using the black tank flush over the weekend and it appears to be blocked. I was using a flow meter on the hose and it showed no flow at all. So I pretty sure it's not a leak but rather a blockage. I have seen where the back-flow valve can cause this issue - anyone know the location of this valve? give the black tank is below the toilet/shower - could it be behind the shower faucet? Just looking for a place to start before I start rooting around in/under the camper.

Any other reason why the black tank flush would be blocked? Trailer is only a few months old and we do this was working when we picked it up from the dealer (dealer demonstrated it to us).

Thanks!
This is what it looks like... it will usually be under the bathroom vanity sink but it can also be stuffed behind the shower wall accessed via the shower faucet plate.

About 50% of the time that people think the flush is blocked it is the anti-siphon valve installed backwards..

Second photo is how I FIX mine when I buy a new trailer...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vac Break.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	35425   Click image for larger version

Name:	Anti-siphon.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	35426  
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 07:07 PM   #3
BlueJay Traveler

Mine 2019 26 rbs black tank flush was plugged this summer. I removed the end piece and cleaned out the part with all of the little holes. It appeared to be toilet paper and was maybe plugged because I let a 3/4 filled tank sit for a week. Not to sure. I was not impressed that the sprayer was located about half way up on the tank.
BlueJay Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 07:22 PM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJay Traveler View Post
Mine 2019 26 rbs black tank flush was plugged this summer. I removed the end piece and cleaned out the part with all of the little holes. It appeared to be toilet paper and was maybe plugged because I let a 3/4 filled tank sit for a week. Not to sure. I was not impressed that the sprayer was located about half way up on the tank.
The spray head id desigbed to spray water in a 360° pattern. That's why it's mounted 1/2 way up on the side of the tank.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 07:17 AM   #5
dutchmensport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post

Second photo is how I FIX mine when I buy a new trailer...
OMG! OH how horrible! You are gonna die! You are gonna contaminate the entire campground water system! It's gonna back flow into the entire city water system and the whole friggin' country's water system is gonna get contaminated, maybe the entire planet will die! ..... and on and on ..... were the comments fired back at me when I posted a similar "fix" I did on a previous camper and posted it on a different camping forum.

It's a good fix! It's your camper. do it your way! Bah-humbug to these germ-a-phobics!
Old 12-04-2021, 09:34 PM   #6
RVGator

Try a higher pressure through the hose. I had a similar issue and cranked up the pressure and it finally unclogged.
20k Reese Goosebox
RVGator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, cougar, tank