Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 08-22-2021, 02:17 PM   #21
firestation12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
That might be why they held me back in the 6th grade for four years, always wondered 🤔

Count me in as an instant JAVI fan for life!! Too funny!
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 02:31 PM   #22
gearhead

I think some of us are talking apples and oranges. There are conventional 5th wheel hitches that are connected to the truck by a gooseneck ball. Then there are the Andersen and PullRite types that use a gooseneck sized ball to connect the 5th to an elevated hitch in the truck bed that is held to a gooseneck ball. There are also some adapters that bolt to the pinbox and connect to a gooseneck ball that is located in the truck bed. The Reese Goosebox is neither, it is a one piece pinbox that goes from the 5th frame to the truck gooseneck ball. It includes 2 shock absorbers and an air bag.
I would assume if Lippert did the the design work on the Goosebox that they are aware of the leverage and flexing forces. The Goosebox has relatively low pin weight capacities. They currently have 2 models: a 16000 tow capacity with a 3,000 pin capacity, and a 20000 tow capacity with a 4000 pin capacity.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 02:36 PM   #23
mikec557

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
You might want to define the term "separate"....

Take a look at the "origins of the Reese Goosebox" and you'll see that it was, is and has been a "Lippert manufactured product"....

There's a "reason" why Lippert approved the Goosebox not to violate the warranty on Lippert frames. It's because they designed and built it.

https://rvbusiness.com/lippert-named...ese-goose-box/

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...127893378.html

https://ih.advfn.com/stock-market/NY...ive-supplier-o

In the past, LCI has either "outright owned" or been the "major investor with controlling interest" in Cequent Performance Products, who owns Reese Towing Equipment...

So, the "intertwined web of investments, ownership and management of the Reese Goosebox" does directly go back to Lippert who initially made the product as the "Exclusive supplier".....

The relationship is much closer than "first cousins".... There should be no doubt why Reese Goosebox is the "only approved system".... It's a "Lippert product"....
X2^^^^

I was debating the wisdom of getting involved. But you are exactly right. Lippert didn't do unbiased evaluation of the various adapters. They just coerce the RV owner into buying only their adapter, the one they make for Reese, or forfeit your frame warranty.
mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 04:53 PM   #24
Hballer21

Yes. I have that setup with a Curt 13K 5th wheel hitch sitting on top. Works great.
Hballer21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, hitch