Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2021, 05:26 PM   #1
Kk491745

Hideout 197RB

Hi. I have a 2021 Keystone Hideout 179RB. Bought it new this year. The slide out gears broke once already and we took it in and they fixed it. Now we are 1000 miles away from home trying to have a vacation and the slide out won’t go out again.

The trailer is completely level both times when it broke. Also it was plugged into power and battery was fully charged. One side sticks then it binds and something breaks. Now there is popping again.

I’m pretty good fixing things myself Hoping someone can point me on how and if I can fix it?

The slide has gears along the top and bottom of both sides of the slide. I’m thinking maybe a gear broke or hopefully something that will only take a day or two to fix.

Also I’d like to know if there might be a way to get bigger motors for the slide? I think the problem is that it isn’t strong enough to push it out and one side sticks and then it breaks.

I’d appreciate the help

Thanks
Kk491745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 05:30 PM   #2
Kk491745

I’ve attached a picture of the side of the slide
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A82B3883-2BBB-4F7C-8FC2-A727BF26ECBB.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	34346