Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2021, 05:42 PM   #1
bladams122

Led awning lights

Has anyone had issues with keystone hideout or any models led awning lights blowing fuses?
bladams122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 03:57 AM   #2
NH_Bulldog

Is this a new issue that developed or has it always been this way? The wires for the light strip usually exit the trailer at the top of the awning arm and have connectors/splices at that point exposed to the weather and can be pinched by the awning arm when stowing. I would start at that point and track the problem from there.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 04:34 PM   #3
Vinnie

I got excited for a second- mine have never come on that I can remember. The lights themselves are in the roller, so can only be seen when deployed, but I've never been able to get them to come on using the iN-Command panel.

I did just get a new multimeter, though, so I may have to puzzle out how all that works and "track the problem" from the wire splices. I noticed it has its own relay in the BCM... but I don't know how to test a relay block
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 07:29 PM   #4
Dadmech

Ours is a 2017 Hideout 38FDDS and are mounted to the lower rail at the trailer underneath the awning so they can be used with the awning open or closed. We've been through 2 factory light strips that both were affected by water dripping from the awning attachment rail just above them. I ordered an aftermarket neon looking LED strip that is truly sealed from weather and resealed the awning attachment lip. That was February this year and are working well. And no leaking down the side of the trailer.
U. S. Army Vet. 1972 - 1979
Dadmech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, led, light, lights