Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2021, 07:32 AM   #1
dgleason

Dish Playmaker Satellite KeyTV Workaround

Bought a Cougar 24RDS 5th wheel last August. Never got the dish satellite to work through KeyTV. Very frustrating. Ended up running a cable under the door to get it to work, but it was in the way and didn’t look very good. I planned on putting a coax connector near the tv over the winter and never got around to it. And I was hesitating because I really didn’t want to drill a hole through the floor or wall. Recently I got an email from Amazon with a bunch of diplexers, combiners, splitters, etc. Amazon somehow knows what you need before you do. One of the diplexers caught my eye. The description says “Holland Dishpro Satellite Diplexer - Dish Approved 2 amp version”. This looked like it could solve my satellite problem. So I ordered a 2 pack and a couple short 1.5 ft coax cables. I already had the coax connector I planned to mount to the outside wall. Basically I was able to retain all the existing functionality of the KeyTV and bypass it for the dish satellite. Here’s my connections:

Satellite playmaker connects to a wall mount coax connector mounted by the KeyTV MSSC.

The wall coax connector is connected to the SAT terminal on the Holland DPD2 diplexer.

Moved the white coax cable that went to my main tv (TV1) to the IN/OUT terminal of the diplexer. On my rv it is the white coax cable.

Then I connected a 1.5 ft coax cable from the MSSC TV1 terminal to the VHF/UHF terminal of the diplexer. This merges the OTA and CATV channels with the dish satellite signal. I was able to get 44 OTA channels inside my rv garage.

Then put all these cables behind the panel where the MSSC is mounted and mounted the wall mounted coax connecter near the MSSC.

I tried it out and it works for me. I wasn’t able to test the CATV channels. Park cable is connected to the KeyTV MSSC. The MSSC SAT connection is no longer used.

Seems this configuration could be duplicated for the other TVs for multiple satellite receivers.

If you give this a try let me know how this works for you.

Dave
dgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 08:03 AM   #2
dgleason

A picture might help...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Playmaker KeyTV Wiring Diagram.pdf (231.2 KB, 124 views)
dgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 08:38 AM   #3
wiredgeorge

I drilled a hole on the outside and installed a bulkhead connector; on the inside the connector is about a foot or so from my Wally receiver and I use a short piece of RG6 to connect to the receiver inside. I generally set my Playmaker antenna on the slide roof for access to the southern sky. My bulkhead connector looks like the one pictured in this link and I used some butyl tape under to keep leaks out. Looks like a factory install.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Winegard-WA....c101195.m1851
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish, satellite