Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2021, 12:13 PM   #1
ncl6694

Unhappy wingard antennas

has anyone used a different router for a Wingard antenna. I have a new keystone mini and It came with a Wingard antenna installed on the roof. but it didn't come with the router.
ncl6694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 05:10 PM   #2
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl6694 View Post
has anyone used a different router for a Wingard antenna. I have a new keystone mini and It came with a Wingard antenna installed on the roof. but it didn't come with the router.
Welcome to the forum... I could be wrong but I believe only the winegard approved router works with it
Old 03-18-2021, 02:52 PM   #3
Camping family

While here is the info I have. I have been dealing with the same issue for 3 days now and think I have found out all the information there is. 1. Yes only the winegard router will work with the winegard antenna. 2. There are two ways to do this you can get the router if you already have the winegard 360+ has to be the + the regular 360 you can not connect a router to it. 3. If you have the 360 antenna not the + you can purchase the 2.0 which has the router built in but the problem is the 2.0 is not a rv antenna. It’s just for internet and Wi/fi signal. So I think the best is to get the 360 + and the winegard router. This way you have a tv antenna and the router plus with this set up the router is inside and you can change the SIM card if you need to. That is what I’m doing because I don’t have the 360 + antenna mine is only the 360. Another bit of info you can use att or Verizon SIM cards in the router if you already have a plan. Or you can buy a data plan from winegard. I almost was going with the winegard 2.0 until I found out it’s not also a tv antenna.
2021 3761 fl Montana 5th wheel
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna