Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2021, 08:18 AM   #1
Hankster

Blackstone 22" hookup

I've been thinking about getting a 22" blackstone, and hope to hook it up to the quick connect on the trailer. Is this all of what its going to take? And if you've done this are you happy with it? I'm leaning towards the one with fold up legs, and a built in hood,, but might go with plain tabletop with the cloth cover.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XK43NL3/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_3?smid=AXO3Y8HYXC74B&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B088TM9R4J/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=A1C1SHPZ879Y5L&psc=1
Hankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 08:43 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Depending on how much room you have and where you intend to carry it, there is quite a bit of difference in the "space" the different Blackstones take up. I own both; I use the one with the legs and hood at home and the tabletop with the RV because it takes us less space and is easier to "manhandle" around the campsite. I do use it on a collapsible table but I carry those everywhere we go anyway.

I don't have the hookup you are inquiring about but the links you posted look like they should work. I don't use my quick connect on the trailer because I don't like having to go fill 30lb. propane tanks. I carry 2 20lb. tanks for whatever external cookers I take with me.

As far as the 2 cookers, covers and mobility I think there are probably more options for accessories for the tabletop unit. I have a slip over cover for it when it is set up and a carrying case for it when I put it in the bed of the truck. As I recall I could not find a custom fit cover for the hooded one and had to get a generic grill cover that would fit it. I have wind shields that will go on the table top but will not work on the hooded unit. Probably sounds insignificant but I hate spending 2 hours trying to cook because the wind is blowing and keeping the flame laying low. Just some thoughts to ponder.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 09:02 AM   #3
Hankster

We bought the Walmart Black Friday Special a few weeks ago, and I ordered a 25 ft hose via Amazon. Very happy with it, and much more versatile than the Aussie grill that it came with.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20211203_171502.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	242.3 KB
ID:	37368  
Hankster is offline   Reply With Quote