Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2020, 03:29 PM   #21
RoadToad

I would guess "typical metal pipes" to be Copper or Galvanized Iron.
RoadToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 08:28 PM   #22
Tooth Ferry

Winterizing

Don't forget washing machine lines.
Tooth Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 06:37 AM   #23
DDuncan51

I blow out all the lines until they're dry, no moisture in the line whatsoever. I also blow the flush line out, then drain the tanks. My water pump is easy to get to, so I just unhook the connections, put a dry towel under the outlet and run it for a couple seconds. dump a pint of RV anti-freeze down each drain, including the toilet. I live in an area where the temperature can get well below zero F. I've been doing this for years. No problems.

Of course every RV is different.
DDuncan51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 01:03 PM   #24
Maineiacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenhigdon View Post
Thanks for the reminder on the black tank flush.

Glad it helped someone. It was new to me, so I thought it was worth mentioning.
CRE3000 w/wet bolts

2021 F-350 4x4 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab
Maineiacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 08:14 PM   #25
Jim2366

I am sure glad I read this. I brought the RV home to re organize and to winterize. I missed a few things that I will do tomorrow. I missed the black water tank rinse line and the low point drains. Its a good thing its still in the driveway.

I just blow the water out and put rv anti freeze in the traps.
Old 10-27-2020, 07:48 AM   #26
ewbldavis

[QUOTE=flybouy;417480]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewbldavis View Post

I'm not clear on how you "let in" a "little antifreeze" into the water heater. How do you know how much you let in unless you drain it? If you drain then what's the point?
I'm not worried about the water heater, but the line going from wet bay to water heater. I ran pump with antifreeze like 10 seconds, then flipped valve to "bypass". Maybe not a super scientific method, but worth a shot and I saw a little pink at WH drain.

I use low points and compressor before filling with antifreeze. For $3/gal. it's cheap insurance in case I didn't get it all out. Regardless of your methods, sad time when we shut them down for 6 months!

Eddy

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L
2020 Cougar 32BHS
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 04:31 PM   #27
JohnnyP

Forgot to turn bypass and got a little antifreeze in HW heater. Will it hurt anything?? Plug is out but can still see some pink in it.
JohnnyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 04:57 PM   #28
RagingRobert
Gone Traveling

No it won't hurt anything. I would just rinse out the tank with a hose if you can.
RagingRobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 06:31 AM   #29
jimborokz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge2 View Post
Now you got me wondering... I pulled the HW drain, shut the bypass valves, blew out the lines from the city water line connection, then pumped antifreeze thru the system via the pump to all the faucets, outdoor kitchen and shower... never thought about the black tank flush line.... should I just blow that out or should I add antifreeze to that too? Can I just gravity feed antifreeze into it with short garden hose connection after I blow it out? Never even considered it until now.. the rest of the TT is done with the exception of that line... always something...
The only issue with the b/t flush is the back flow preventer that is usually up under the bathroom sink. If there was water trapped in that and it froze it could crack that plastic fitting. I just blow it out with air.
I don't put any antifreeze in w/h either, just drain and set by pass. I just blow out all the water lines and only put antifreeze in the P-traps. If there is a little water left in a pipe or w/h it won't harm anything. The problem is when a line is "full" of water and it freezes it expands and that's when things break. I have never done anything with the water pump and I'm thinking I have just been lucky. I will now pump a little antifreeze into the pump just to be safe. Also I will cycle the ice maker a couple time with the air connected as I really don't want antifreeze in there.
2017 F-350, psd,4x4, lariat, c-c, swb, srw
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, winter, winterizing