Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 10-31-2021, 07:07 AM   #41
Rocketsled

Another vote for the WD40 PTFE product. If it starts to jump. I’ll spray down the underside, and let it dry, before running it in. It works well in the wormscrews for the corner stabilizers, too.
Rocketsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 07:35 AM   #42
German Shepherd Guy

Sourdough said: Bar soap; you can clean the bottom of the slide then just rub bar soap on the bottom of the slide to try to smooth things out.

My slide on my Premier, (a Bullet) Started making a noise. Also a cable system, probably the same as yours. I have darco under my slide. I liberally rubbed a soap bar over the entire surface AND sprayed the wear bar with dry lube. Made the noise go away. Slide works easier and I redo the application every now and then.

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 07:46 AM   #43
bobjwadejr

Try a can of Blaster dry lube with Teflon They also have a roller kit which can be install under the slide out which is make thru keystone or camping world check with there service manager
bobjwadejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 09:39 AM   #44
jimmyg

slide out shake

Looks like you got lots of replies. Didn't read them all. I have a 2018 keystone sprinter 5th wheel with cable slides. I've routinely used slide out lube with no issues. You have to spray it on and then wipe it down to remove excess then let it dry before closing. Our large slide started jerking on moving. Repair tech stated do not move the larger slide without first leveling trailer. No more jerking since doing as told. Hope it's that simple for you. Can move slides a little just to get around with no problem.
jimmyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 10:33 AM   #45
falcondan95705

What type of slide..?? is it a cable drive?
falcondan95705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 08:01 AM   #46
CampNBrew2

I read here one time about cleaning the slide seals and applying baby powder afterward. This has worked great for me. I found some UHMW tape to apply to my Darco underneath.
2015 Honda CRF250L (Wifes)
Camping, home brewing, and dirt bikes!
CampNBrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 09:32 AM   #47
shermris

slide

Excessive shaking can be caused by a slide mechanism that is out of alignment, (one side extending, retracting ahead of the other), or parts that are worn out or binding. The seal lube is a lubricant to prevent your seals from drying out from sun and exposure. It is a protectant for the rubber seals, I don't believe it would do much to prevent jerking slide movement unless the seals are sticking to the slide walls throughout the slide extension.
shermris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 03:11 PM   #48
mjsibe

Shaking slide movement.

I had a similar thing on my 2013 passport 31rk.
Cable system.
I was able to put rollers under the slide.
Cut away just enough of the lower seal to install them.
With the slide about 3/4 out you can jacket it up enough to check the wear bar.
Clean it with what ever you can get in there.
I think I have pictures to show.
I will post them.
Look up Slide rollers on the web.
mjsibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 03:31 PM   #49
mjsibe

I found the pictures of the roller.

I installed 4 across the big slide.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211101-192136_Photos.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	208.5 KB
ID:	36861   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211101-192210_Photos.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	239.1 KB
ID:	36862   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211101-192153_Photos.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	36863  
Old 11-01-2021, 06:48 PM   #50
mikec557

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsibe View Post
I had a similar thing on my 2013 passport 31rk.
Cable system.
I was able to put rollers under the slide.
Cut away just enough of the lower seal to install them.
With the slide about 3/4 out you can jacket it up enough to check the wear bar.
Clean it with what ever you can get in there.
I think I have pictures to show.
I will post them.
Look up Slide rollers on the web.
Great pictures. In placing the rollers, did you "lift" the slide about 1/16in, or did you let the slide sit down as flush as it was from the factory? I was thinking that pushing the rollers and slide up about 1/16in higher than oem, might let the slide out slide easier? What did you do?
mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 03:44 AM   #51
opfor

I plan on going out this weekend, jacking the slide up, measuring the wear bar, either going to be 1/2 or 3/4 and spraying the WD-40 with PTFE all over, finally picked up a can this week. I think I will be adding the rollers also, just need to confirm what size is in there.
opfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 03:46 AM   #52
opfor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsibe View Post
I installed 4 across the big slide.
Curious what size wear bar you had under the slide?
opfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 05:38 AM   #53
mjsibe

Rollers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec557 View Post
Great pictures. In placing the rollers, did you "lift" the slide about 1/16in, or did you let the slide sit down as flush as it was from the factory? I was thinking that pushing the rollers and slide up about 1/16in higher than oem, might let the slide out slide easier? What did you do?

The rollers sit on the existing decking .
It does lift it slightly.
Probably to much weight to jack up

With the slide about 3/4 out I used my slide stabilizer Jack's to lift the slide up about 1 inch . Slide them in
Unfortunately you can't get screws in the top .
So far about 3 years now no issues
I used stainless screws.
Old 11-03-2021, 06:22 AM   #54
Danimal713

a better fix without lube

Quote:
Originally Posted by opfor View Post
Hey Folks have a 2014 Bullet Premier 19FBPR and recently my slide started do this weird shake shimmy dance upon opening and closing. Showed dealer my short video and he said that my seals needed to be lubed with something called protect all providing link here

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did the seals on top, bottom and both sides on the inside and out and still has not helped the issue. Can anyone offer a suggestion and I'm concerned this is going to cause a stress on the system and possibly fail. Link here on the issue.
This is a problem with the design IMHO. The Sh*t-head engineer that designed it needs a kick in the a@@! All the weight of a slide rides on that "wear bar". I found several YouTube videos how to fix the design problem. Add rollers under the slide so it rides on the rollers instead of the wear bar which is just friction slide. I used a stud finder to find how many supports (3 for 12' slide on Crossroads 291RK). I bought three- had to wait for a bit cause most suppliers were out and paid more than I wanted cause the best price took longest to get. I didn't want to wait cause already had a cable problem with slide and believe in preventing problems instead of waiting for them to "find me".

Here are couple pictures of end rollers installed.
There is a 3rd under center support. Another benefit is the slide goes out much easier- less friction works wonders. Periodic lube was noit what I want to be doing, plus the friction will still be there straining the motor/gears/cables. This fixed it.

Just need to figure if need 1/2" or 3/4". I needed 3/4" but bought 1/2" so used washers to space it up. I borrowed a neighbor's floor jack plus mine and used 2X4 to jack up slide ends- use another to spread load across floor instead of all slide weight on a small point (top of 2X4). I used a battery powered Sawzall to cut part of the wear bar out to fit the roller. Installed all 3 and done. I still need to add an sealing strip to cover over the rollers but not sure best way yet keep seals out of the roller and not had time to get back to it now the real problem is fixed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6245.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	36892   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6246.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	36893  
Danimal713 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags