Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2018, 04:33 PM   #1
BSHGTO

XFactors

We go to a camp on a regular bases (Lake Raystown) and I have to do a REAL tight turn to back in our favorite spot, almost 90 degrees and when I get out to check my position mid turn I've noticed my wheels are bent outwards to the point that it scares me. This was with my last camper a High Country. So now that I have a real heavy beast for a camper I was thinking the rotational forces would be even greater on the wheels, axles and frame. Going to this camp soon when the weather breaks I thought I should nip the potential problem in the bud before it becomes a problem like the guy below that twisted his spring preaches and frame to the point of destruction. Given that the materials are no different on the new unit, same cheap springs, axles , wheels and frames by Lippert but with heavy duty Sailuns now with sidewalls the strength of Hercules, that aren't going to flex an inch to help the situation.
So what to do? Install Morryde XFactors, proven to help.
Called Morryde to talk to an engineer about the compatibility of the new Road Armor equalizer with the XFactors. He said ALL large campers should have this or some thing like it installed from the factory. I mentioned the fact that most new heavy campers are coming with tires with much stronger sidewalls, he said yep that would be the reason to do it. The tires won`t move so the frame will.
Ordered them up $265.00 for 3 sets one for each spring perch, 3 days to the door step, 1 ½ hours to put on. Now the grinding and twisting from any degree turn will be minimized. Saved the frame?.....Maybe……. Wasted my dollars……. maybe……..Can't hurt.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bighorn Frame-Suspension Damage 010.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	202.4 KB
ID:	15468   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bighorn Frame-Suspension Damage 013.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	15469   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0774.jpg
Views:	232