Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #1
Momedic

Way to go Keystone

Just got great news today! My 2010 passport 290BH was approved for warranty work today.

I purchased it in June of 2011. In May 2012, I had to have some repair work done on the right side up by where the front and side meet. The molding slipped back off the side showing the edge of the fiberglass on the side. Keysone approved the repair in June 2012 just before end of warranty period. Fast forward to Feburary 2013. I was walking out by the trailer and noticed a hump in the side of the trailer where the repairs were done before. I started to freek out a bit, the dealer where I purchased it closed up in Janurary 2013. I contacted Keysone and they arranged for a dealer near me to take a look at it. I scheduled it for the next week and arranged to drop it off the saturday prior. I got a call today from the dealer telling me Keystone approved the repair WOW! It was looked at and contact made to Keystone to approve before it's orginal scheduled time!!! All work should be done before out first planned trip in April..

Way to go Keysone

Byerly RV has just earned a new very happy customer

I do have a few questions, The work is planned on being done by a auto repair shop? Any issues I should be looking out for?
Momedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:14 AM   #2
TAZ23

1st, Good to hear that Keystone stepped up for you and will take care of the problem.
2nd, It is common for auto repair (body shops) to handle fiberglass and structural repairs for rv dealers. They have the know how and tools and equipment to do this kind of work. Some of them also repair fiberglass and aluminum boats as well. Most folks dont realize that most semis have fiberglass hoods and wind deflectors and are repaired by auto body shops.
I would rather have a body tech who makes a living repairing vehicles fix my rv than a rv tech who normally replaces fridges or broken cabinet doors doing it. I would not worry to much about it, but as with any repair to a car or rv check it over when they are done and then enjoy your Travel Trailer.
TAZ23 is offline   Reply With Quote