Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
Tinbender

Surprised & Pleased

Hi all,

We picked up our new 2013 24RKS Cougar TT in September (posted a thread about our shakedown trip somewhere here), anyway on the walk-through I noticed what I thought were bubbles in the decal on the front cap. Well as you probably know they weren't bubbles in the decal but de-lamination of the glass and backing. When I pointed this out to the service rep doing our walk-through he said he would get his camera and document it and start the paperwork right away to get it changed out.

About two weeks later the service writer called and said they would order the parts, when was the best time for me? If they had their choice they would like to wait till mid November because of their work load. Fine by me.

About a week later while cleaning up the trailer after returning from a short trip I noticed some very small bubbles in the rear cap. I called the Service Writer and mentioned this he had me email him pictures of the rear cap and about a week later he called and said everything was approved and he would call to set an appointment when they had parts in hand.

The first week of December they called and were ready, "when did I want to bring the trailer in?" I took the trailer in and dropped it off, they were backing it into the shop as we left. Four days later they called and said everything was ready to go. We picked up the trailer and the new front and rear caps and decals all looked great.

Thanks to Keystone for great warranty coverage and to our "local" dealer for exceptional and prompt service. Just thought it should be mentioned as I read so many negative comments on these forums.

Tinbender
Tinbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:34 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Tinbender -
Thanks for sharing this "good news" story with us. You might want to add something to your post to recognize, by name, your dealer. It's obvious that the dealership knows the meaning of and practices "customer service" and naming them would be a nice gesture on your part. Good for them!
Old 12-21-2012, 09:55 PM   #3
fred1609

We had the same experience at our dealership. They are driven to give first rate services. In today's world that's the difference maker for me.
fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:51 AM   #4
chartrand

Yes, I agree... Thanks for sharing.

2014 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RBPR
2017 Chevy Colorado (Baby Duramax)
Propride P3 Hitch
chartrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #5
fla-gypsy

Most RV service issues revolve around the dealers incompetence or ineptitude. Good service always revolve around a dealer that knows what they are doing. Thanks for the report and you should put a plug in for the dealer here. We all want to know the best places to get work done.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:26 PM   #6
Tinbender

Hi all,

I wasn't sure if it was proper to post names here or not but since you all have prompted me to do so the dealers service dept is Cousin Gary's over in Redding, CA. This is only my second experience with them; the walk through and this warranty work, but they seem to be on top of things. They appear to be very busy every time I have been there for parts and pieces.

Tinbender.
Tinbender is offline   Reply With Quote