Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2011, 09:47 AM   #21
cumminsdad08

i thought about doing something like that. i was gonna put something on craigslist, but my wife kinda fliped when i told her i was going to. well its good to know that i wasn't the only one that gets lonley camping. i love the family but its nice to hang out with differnt people too.
Dogs
Buddy-beagle hound mix
Emily-beagle hound mix
Sadie-boarder collie (my amish one)
cumminsdad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:51 PM   #22
The Sod Father

Not to drive traffic away from here, but I've met dozens of campering buddies on www.rvitch.com. I first went on there when I had my pop up (2003) and it was popupexplorer.com Unlike some other "rvdotnet" type sites, everyone is super friendly and super helpful. They also have a LOT of people on there. I can honestly say that 8 of my closest friends are from there.
Tekonsha Prodigy playing the role of brake control
The Sod Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:18 PM   #23
kenn209

So has anyone camped at Pine Grove Furnace State Park? We will be there this Oct for the Apple Festival, Any pros/cons? Thanks
kenn209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 05:24 PM   #24
cumminsdad08

i am fishing for reviews on the KOA near allentown and the one near the deleware water gap. i didn't hear very good things about them, i am looking for first hand experiance please. i am trying to convince my wife to head up that way, i work a bunch that direction and i think that it so nice in the summer time, and she got this KOA thingy going on and wants to use it more then twice a year. any help would be great. i am also interested in this pine grove furnace place too. i like apples!!!
Dogs
Buddy-beagle hound mix
Emily-beagle hound mix
Old 06-12-2011, 05:57 PM   #25
wozzukes

We live about 5 minutes away from the KOA near Allentown. We've never camped there for obvious reason (might as well just stay in the backyard at that point!) so unfortunately I don't have much information on it. We drive past the road it's on daily, but never actually ventured back that road since it doesn't really go anywhere except for the campground. We've actually never camped at a KOA so I don't know much about them.

We did camp at a place called Soaring Eagle in the Water Gap a few years ago. We really liked it, but at the time it was just the two of us and the dog. There was no pool, no play areas, so not much for small kids to do but that didn't matter to us at the time. They do have a tubing/rafting/canoeing operation, but it wasn't running while we were there because the river was so high. Our site was right on the river, and you actually drove on dried up river bed to get to it. It was beautiful. We had torrential rains while there though and it was when there was a really rainy spell so the river was high to begin with. When we woke up the next morning the truck of the site 2 down from ours was half way in the water because the river rose so much overnight! They ended up having to move a bunch of boulders just so we could get out without having to drive through the river. Overall it was a nice place though.

We used to have a boat and took it to the Water Gap all the time. We have driven through Dingman's Campground up there to check it out and it was really nice. We have it on our list as a place to go to this year if we get around to it. The list keeps growing but unfortunately the number of weekends in the year doesn't!

Haven't been to Pine Grove Furnace so can't really comment on it, but it looks like a nice place from the looks of the dcnr website. Hickory Run State Park is another nice one to go to with kiddos as there is lots to do in the area. Just beware of the bears! They give out warnings about them when you check in and both times we camped there over the years we have seen one, so heed the warnings! We have never been disappointed in the state parks, and back in our tenting days that was all we camped in.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:51 PM   #26
cumminsdad08

i can tell you about water rising. it happend to us this weekend. thankfully i was planning ahead for it and all i had to do was keep an eye out every hour or so and just back the truck under the hitch and pull her out. i did however lose 8 leveling blocks but it was a whole lot cheapier then losing the trailer and our gear. we made it out ok, but the groups next us had some close calls. we learned our lesson when the owner ask's if you would like to move to another site, you should prolly listen to him, or you could just not camp next to the creek. needless to say i was heading home around 2:30 sunday morning from lake glory. but we had fun and i am planing on going back. it was super nice, and the people were super friendly, even if they could read their "radar" so good.
Dogs
Buddy-beagle hound mix
Emily-beagle hound mix
Old 06-13-2011, 02:09 AM   #27
kenn209

I just found out ine Grove has no water hookups. So DW is not happy with that! lol, I told her we got a tank and a pump! Nope, So now we have to look for another campground, I looked the ones in Gettysburg but they all seemed to have crappy reviews. Any one recommend a campground near the Apple Festival? TIA
kenn209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:00 AM   #28
LeeMedic

RV Park Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenn209 View Post
I just found out ine Grove has no water hookups. So DW is not happy with that! lol, I told her we got a tank and a pump! Nope, So now we have to look for another campground, I looked the ones in Gettysburg but they all seemed to have crappy reviews. Any one recommend a campground near the Apple Festival? TIA
Have you tried: http://rvparkreviews.net/

2013 Keystone Montana 3582RL 38'
2006 Ford F350 Dually, 8' bed, Diesel 6.0
Curt 20K Hitch
Retired U.S. Army
LeeMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:22 AM   #29
wozzukes

None of the state parks have water hookups, at least none that we've been to or that I know of. When we go to state parks we try to find a site that is within a hose's reach of a water source so that we can refill the tank if needed since you will typically run out of fresh water before filling your waste tanks. What beef does your wife have with the water pump? Aside from hearing the pump run we really can't tell a difference between the pump and and a regular water hookup.

I'm not very familiar with the Gettysburg area, so can't really help you out there.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #30
cumminsdad08

i can't remember what the name of the campground is, BUT i do remember seeing a sign for one just north of there off of rt15. sorry if that isn't a whole lot of help to ya. i will dig here in a little bit and see if i didn't write it down somewhere.
Dogs
Buddy-beagle hound mix
Emily-beagle hound mix
Old 06-14-2011, 06:03 PM   #31
njboomer75

Hey Cumminsdad08, The family and I stayed at the Delaware Gap KOA about 3 years ago. It was before we had a TT, kind of an experiment to see if the kids would be into it. The campground was alright, mini golf, playground, pool. you know, the usual stuff. we went off season because they had a Lumberjack/ Hot air balloon show just up the road. People were very friendly. All in all, it was cool. Hopefully that helped
njboomer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:51 PM   #32
cumminsdad08

sure did. thanks a bunch for the input
Dogs
Buddy-beagle hound mix
Emily-beagle hound mix