Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 01-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #1
ocho nueve

Great service from Tacoma RV

I have been pleasantly suprised with my experience from Tacoma RV, Mike in service and Chris at the parts counter.

As with any new TT, we had a few issues after our shakedown trip with our 32' Cougar SQBHWE.

When I pulled the trailer into the dealership, Mike was extremely helpful and went so far as to do a full walk around in and out of the trailer to check all of the cabinet locks, decals and a few other things. I was impressed and the warranty work was completed with less effort than ordering a value meal at McDonalds.

This winter I stopped in to the dealership to pick up a bypass valve kit for my water pump (I was preparing to winterize the unit). Instead of selling me the $30 kit, Chris put together an elbow and 4 feet of 1/2 inch tubing from his parts bin and sold it to me for $4! Not a big deal, you say? The elbows come in a pack of two. Chris only charged me for half of the pack when he easily could have charged me for both.

I've been very pleased with my experience from Tacoma RV. I will say we had one small speed bump of discomfort during the purchase process dealing with the finance lady. She was a bit pushy when it came to her trying to sell us some of the extras we weren't interested in (like the protection coating, extended warranty, yada, yada, yada). She was the only person during our entire TT purchase process who reminded us of that bad taste a typical automobile purchase leaves you with.
ocho nueve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:28 AM   #2
billstuart

Ocho Nueve,
I understand your feelings about the finance lady, but don't be too hard on her - the commissions she earns selling the 'extras' may represent the majority, if not all of her income.

Glad to hear you've had good service from Tacoma RV. We get excellent service from Clear Creek RV in Silverdale, too.

Happy trails,
Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection

Previous RV's:
1992 Prowler 35' Bunkhouse
1986 Fireball 30'
1978 Nomad 24'
1963 Kenskill 19.5'
1972 Dyna Cruiser Camper on '72 F-250
A Tent
billstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #3
Bigsky3625

Unhappy

We found some issues on our walk through on our 2012 3625RE. There were pictures taken and were told we would be contacted.

I could paste all the e-mail responses but that would be of no value.

Sad part is, the repsonses came for the owner LaDonna!!!!

Our service rep. (Brian) outright lied and screwed up the microwave replacement order. Cost me another round-trip of 140 miles and $50.00 in diesel. Owners repsonse was we are all human.......sure I get that. But he got ticked when I caught him in a lie. He even threw my paperwork in the trash and walked back inside......I had to insist on seeing the work as the trailer was all locked up.

This time when I dropped it off I saw Brian leave the counter when I walked in. Must have the been the e-mail exchanges between me and the owner.

I believe Mike was the service rep. who helped me. Great guy. Walked me through the microwave replacement, pointed out a few other things they fixed like moldings that were loose and a few scratches in the walls.

We love our Montana a lot. I was not impressed with the owner or service rep. the first go around.

Will be a good test coming up as we will be taking it in again to get a few of the slides adjusted as they are not sealing flush on the bottom.

I agree the parts guys are great and so is Mike. That may keep me getting the trailer serviced there. I just would have thought that after spending soooo much money with them we would have been treated better as a customer the first time around.

Keeping my fingers crossed the next visit goes as well as the last
One Wife

Bigsky3625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:08 PM   #4
Clanton24v

Have always heard good things about Tacoma rv
Clanton24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:56 AM   #5
Dhuhn

We bought our 5th wheel from Tacoma RV we had a great experience, all the way from the sales to service dept. when we picked up the 5er they did a pre inspection which covered everything on coach. It took a good two hours , we found a few minor things that needed fixed, and they took care of it . I would definitely recommend them to anyone and would not hesitate buying another rv from them.

2016 Montana 3720RL
2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD Duromax :

previous
2012 Montana High Country 313RE
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duromax
2010 Palimino Bronco
2005 Chevy Silverado CC 1500
Dhuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #6
Bigsky3625

Smile

Like I said, last experience went well. Would I recommend them? Yes. Overall they have been good. Just a bad first step.
One Wife

Bigsky3625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:41 AM   #7
KanTC

I'll also give a shout out to Mike at Tacoma RV, although I've never been there nor purchased anything from them.

Long story short, early last fall some friends were doing research before buying their first TT. Their final list included a specific Cougar (west coast only) model, but, they had questions & couldn't locate one to see in person. They were reluctant to place an order for a 2013 without having the answers they needed, so... they asked for my help.

Tacoma RV (1725 miles away) was one of the few dealerships who had that 2013 model on their lot. I took a chance & called Tacoma RV..... Mike took the time & effort to answer my [their] questions, and also went out to the lot (while talking to me) & got all the measurements they needed.

Granted, it might have been a 'really slow work day' & Mike was bored , but, he DID go out of his way to help someone that he KNEW was not a potential customer. He could have told me to
"take a hike"... but he didn't!! Thanks Mike!

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote