Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2012, 01:28 PM   #1
Alaskan Cougar

Mike at AirXcel and Sandra at Keystone, tracking down a sound in the travel trailer

I've got a post up here about my airconditioner whistling, was running through some different scenarios with the help of some group memebers on here, and called AirXcel to see why my air conditioner would be making that sound since it sounded like it was coming from there. Mike listened closely to all the variables, and gave me a very thorough rundown of the air conditioner, then went onto this forum and tracked down my post and video, listened to the video while I was on the phone, and brainstormed with me on different ideas/reasons for the noise. He ruled out the AC unit and really thought it was a detector of some sort. He asked that I call him back when I figured out what it was. I then talked to Sandra at Keystone and she thought it was the radio since it sounded like an issue she had heard of before, that maybe there was an internal battery in the unit and the alarm was somehow active and sounding throught he speakers. She contacted AWA Electronics (Jensen) while I was on the phone and got the info she needed and passed it on to me. She was very helpful and cheerful answering all my questions. When I did figure out what it was (a dying smoke detector hidden by the slideout, still kicking myself over that one) I called Mike back and he and some other techs were still talking about it. We had a good laugh and he told his coworkers what it was while I was still on the phone. Just really nice having that much customer service from two different companies. Big thanks to both of 'em and everyone on here that helped me figure it out.