Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2012, 09:42 PM   #1
stormy2000

warranty

hello,

when we purchased our TT at CW, we both thought that the FM said CW was going to take care of the warranty mailing and so forth. going through our paperwork, we have some warranty cards and are unsure if we were supposed to fill those out and mail in? or if they are extras.

its for the alarms installed in the TT and the A/C. will be filling out and sending in just in case though to be on the safe side. but now wonder if there are others we may have missed. we didn't find any other warranty form, so? hopefully that's it.

tough purchase with the sales rep/tech doing the PDI/FM, we were just glad we had a friend who has been RV'ing for years and was able to give us the info that CW didn't.
stormy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:16 AM   #2
x96mnn

We had warranty cards for our fridge, stove, microwave and AC unit on top of the alarms. Those may have been looked after by your dealer but this is my second RV in the last 3 yrs and we filled out the cards on both.

With that said I should clarify my Wife filled out the cards on both and not I and she has done so on almost everything we buy. Now I have not had terrible luck with items breaking after I buy them but like most have experienced a few things malfunction including the AC on my last TT. Out of all the warranty cards my wife has filled out and sent in only one company on the dozen or so devices that broke and needed repair under warranty had our information from the card on file. That company was Weber.

I am of the opinion the warranty cards do not mean anything but my wife and the opinion that matters does feel they are required based on the fine print on them that says so. Seem to me you still need to show your POP if something happens. (Weber excluded as they warranty the product for 25 yrs and my BBQ was built in 2010 so the rep laughed when I asked if she would like me to send in the POP. She told me some quick math tells her I can get what I need for most lilly the next 23yrs before they may quiz me on it.)
x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:21 AM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

Most products today can be registered on-line. That way you can print a record that they received registration and you can be notified of any recalls on that model and serial number. JM2˘, Hank

PS: I have to agree .... Weber stands behind their products and their customer service is second to none.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:01 PM   #4
stormy2000

thanks so much for response, will fill out and send in .. just in case : )

bill & jodi
stormy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote