Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2020, 02:59 PM   #1
SeanJK

Bullet 290 BHS Redesign Schedule

Hi all. I am new to the forum, and have not yet purchased even my first trailer. That being said, my wife and I have our eyes on the Bullet 290 BHS. We will not be purchasing this year, but the 2020 Bullet 290 BHS is absolutely ideal for us (we just did a walkthrough yesterday). We are wondering how long Keystone hangs on to a certain floor plan, and how much it changes it’s design elements from year to year.

In particular, we love the idea that each bunk has two windows. I haven’t seen that in any other trailer, and we are really hoping that Keystone hangs on to it.

Thanks for your insights!
SeanJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 03:19 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

If you go to the Bullet floorplan webpage: https://www.keystonerv.com/travel-tr...et/floorplans/ at the bottom left of each floorplan diagram that is "new" will be a red "new". At the bottom left of each floorplan that is no longer in production (but available on dealer's lots until all are sold) is a red "stock only". That means the floorplan has been discontinued and can no longer be ordered by a dealer for production.

Keystone does not stock very many trailers at the plant, but rather ships them to dealers as they come off the assembly line, so there is a very slim chance that a dealer can obtain one for you, once the floorplan is no longer in production.

Your choice, the 290BHS doesn't have any annotations that it's being discontinued, so it "should be available" through the remainder of the 2020 production run. Keep in mind that the 2021 models will be introduced in March/April 2020, just 3 or 4 months from now, and the 290BHS may not be in the 2021 lineup. On the other hand, the floorplan may remain in the lineup for the next 10 years... It will depend on popularity, cost to produce, competition from other manufacturers and availability of any special equipment used to produce that model. As an example, if that floorplan is the only one that uses a specific chassis (built by Lippert) and it costs more than anticipated or if Lippert stops producing that specific chassis, then the floorplan might be discontinued. Remember, this is just one example and may not be applicable to the decisions made by Keystone to produce or discontinue that specific model.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 04:26 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

As an example, my trailer model was introduced in 2013 (as I was told, I thought 2012). I bought mine as a 14 in Feb. 14. Build date was mid 13. Late summer 14 I lost a fender due to improper mounting under warranty. I was told at that point the model had been discontinued and the exact fenders were no longer available. So, will they last? Maybe. Some go for several years. Some don't. If you REALLY love a particular floorplan you might keep that in mind, plus, as I've said many, many times; IMO you won't find floorplans that "fit" folks as good as Keystone and I've looked at lots of them in the last year or so. (and no, I don't work for Keystone or have any connection to them).
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 04:36 PM   #4
SeanJK

Thanks Sourdough, that’s good to know. How’d you get your fender fixed?
Old 01-04-2020, 04:38 PM   #5
SeanJK

JRTJH, thank you so much. I figured as much-of course the salesman told us a different story . Thanks again, and thank you for your posts in my other queries. I will be picking the collective brain a good bit in the months to come.
Old 01-04-2020, 04:56 PM   #6
NH_Bulldog

Corporate minds work differently than ours. We had our eyes on a Passport 2400BH, then they said it was discontinued (dealer stock only) but It didn’t disappear, it just became a 240BH. Floorplan was identical and we actually preferred the look and features of the “new” model. Ours is a 2019 model built in August 2018 and purchased in April 2019. Having looked at a lot of models/brands/manufacturers, we found that the most popular floorplans were available across a wide spectrum with minor differences. So keep looking, do your research and don’t focus on a single model, but keep an open mind.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab 4x4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 06:12 PM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanJK View Post
Thanks Sourdough, that’s good to know. How’d you get your fender fixed?

The style was still available...more or less, but the colors weren't. They ordered 2 of the same style and painted them to match the originals.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet