Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2018, 03:33 PM   #1
Tdogg0413

New (to us) Cougar 336BHS Owner Questions

Hi All,

Looking for some general information / suggestions. I'm coming from a Coachment 33ft bumper pull, this is our first 5th wheel.

1: Auto Level: in or bumper pull, we used the Andersen rocker levelers, easiest thing in the world. We over leveled to one slide for our one slide out, then when the slide out was out, we were level. With the Auto level, how does this work? Do we still need to worry about being level side to side, or does the Autoleveler do that for us? Should I "re-level" after I put all the slides out (4)?

2: Dumping: Already figured out that the back kitchen is not plumbed to a tank, just to a drain. For the Gray and black tanks, I have a label above the dump line labeled "gray tank" but then inside the outdoor compartment, I have two handles, one labeled gray, one labeled black?

3: On this same front water dumping line, there is another valve on the inboard side of the line, basically I would have to crawl under the camper to open it. What is that? Should I leave it open all the time? Close it?

4: City water connection: In looking for the water connection, it appears I have to have the entire door open on the storage compartment in order to be connected to city water. Is this correct? So, I can't close the door when i'm connected to water? This makes no sense to me.

5: Gas Quick Connect: Has anyone found any ways to make this connection more friendly or usable? Looking at it, it appears you have to crawl under the trailer to connect it. I would also like to find a "t" to be able to use a portable grill at the same time, and not have to carry an extra propane tank.

6: Speaking of propane: How does the "automatic changeover" work? Do you leave both tanks on and let the system manage this for you?

Thanks in advance for your advice and knowledge! I know there's more, but this is all I can think about as we're loading the stuff from the old Coachmen into the new Cougar!
-Tdogg
Tdogg0413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:43 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

1) Autolevel. Press the button, sit back and watch it do it’s thing. If your on a sloped site, you may want to drive up on solid blocks NOT ramps. If the jacks are electric, the rears have a limited amount of travel and you may need blocks under them.

5) auto switchover regulator. Turn both cylinders on, rotate the pointer to one tank or the other. The indicator will be green. When that cylinder runs out, the window will be rd and the regulator will be drawing off the “other” cylinder. Rotate the pointer and the window will turn green. Take the empty off, fill it and put it back on, turn it on and away you go.

2,3 and 4) I’m not familiar with your specific model so someone else will have to chime in.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 04:10 PM   #3
Tdogg0413

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
1) Autolevel. Press the button, sit back and watch it do it’s thing. If your on a sloped site, you may want to drive up on solid blocks NOT ramps. If the jacks are electric, the rears have a limited amount of travel and you may need blocks under them.
Thanks for regulator info. For the auto leveler, should I re-level after extending the slide outs? with 3 slides on 1 side, and 1 on the other, wouldn't that be pretty out of level?
Tdogg0413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 04:40 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Should be just fine. You can hit autolevel again if you want, but not mandatory.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:59 AM   #5
MarcS

How do you know if you have an auto regulator?

Tags
cougar