Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2020, 11:26 AM   #1
Mike&Sandy

In Command TPMS

Found this deal on the in command TPMS, $50 less than Amazon. Hopefully, it will work well with the in command, I'm sure it will. I don't need another monitor on my truck dash, lol.

Ship 11.99
No tax
Total $222.98

https://www.anchorexpress.com/iN-Com...0_p_89708.html
Mike&Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 11:35 AM   #2
Brantel

Mike,

I put the app on my phone already and was able to go into the In-Command app selection menu and select it. Now I have a "Tires" icon on my main In-Command app on my phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0936.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	30656  
Brantel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 01:33 PM   #3
travelin texans

To be quite honest after having the TST507 TPMS with a separate monitor I wouldn't want anything that I had to specifically find on my phone as I found myself looking at pressures & more so at temperatures quite often.
Not a good idea to be texting, dialing or in my opinion looking up tire conditions on your phone while driving especially while towing.
Not to mention if the TPMS through the InCommand system is as troublesome as most of the forums are indicating the rest of the system is then I wouldn't trust it to much. It's one thing for the lights or awning to have issues through the InCommand, but I want accurate tire information instantly.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 05:48 PM   #4
Brantel

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
To be quite honest after having the TST507 TPMS with a separate monitor I wouldn't want anything that I had to specifically find on my phone as I found myself looking at pressures & more so at temperatures quite often.
Not a good idea to be texting, dialing or in my opinion looking up tire conditions on your phone while driving especially while towing.
Not to mention if the TPMS through the InCommand system is as troublesome as most of the forums are indicating the rest of the system is then I wouldn't trust it to much. It's one thing for the lights or awning to have issues through the InCommand, but I want accurate tire information instantly.
The app running on the phone is not much different than your stand alone screen. It stays open and provides the same info without any fiddling. My phone sits in a dock similar to a stand alone screen mounted on a suction cup or similar. The app will also send alerts when pressures and or temps are outside of a configurable range.

The TPMS is not through the In-Command system, it works along with it. The tire sensors talk to the phone via a supplied stand alone repeater similar to other TPMS systems.

So far my In-Command system has been flawless and just works. May change tomorrow but so far so good. Seems many of the growing pains have been resolved with this system.
Old 11-05-2020, 10:05 PM   #5
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brantel View Post
The TPMS is not through the In-Command system, it works along with it. The tire sensors talk to the phone via a supplied stand alone repeater similar to other TPMS systems.
I kinda wondered about this, since my Bluetooth connectivity from the truck to inCommand in the trailer while on the road is well under 50% available. So what benefit is there to tying this to inCommand instead of getting a conventional standalone smartphone TPMS?
Old 11-06-2020, 03:38 AM   #6
Ranchhand

I can’t hardly get my phone to stay connected long enough to roll my awnings in. I can’t imagine it would be much better using it as a TPSM in the truck.
Ranchhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 04:48 AM   #7
Brantel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchhand View Post
I can’t hardly get my phone to stay connected long enough to roll my awnings in. I can’t imagine it would be much better using it as a TPSM in the truck.
The sensors talk directly to the phone thru a repeater similar to many other stand alone TPMS systems. The key is the properly placed repeater which is also true with many stand alone units.

This is not a novel concept, it is very common with TPMS systems. The only difference is the app is running on a phone instead of an embedded display.

Not sure why you are having issues. I can control my rig even from inside my house over BT. Never any issues in and around the rig.
Old 11-06-2020, 04:51 AM   #8
Mike&Sandy

I hear y'all. I was hoping to consolidate things, and the in command seamed to be a good solution. This weekend is going to be our first trip out. I've never had an RV before but have had several boats, last one was a big offshore one.

As far as the connectivity, it does come with a repeater, so hopefully it puts out a strong signal. This appears to be a new TPMS, there are few reviews. But, all I saw were 5 star reviews.
Mike&Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 04:55 AM   #9
Brantel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
I kinda wondered about this, since my Bluetooth connectivity from the truck to inCommand in the trailer while on the road is well under 50% available. So what benefit is there to tying this to inCommand instead of getting a conventional standalone smartphone TPMS?
Best I can tell it does not really add any value to the In-Command BCM or DC, it only shares the data between the two apps on the phone so that you can either launch the TPMS app or the In-Command app and be able to see TPMS data on either one. Well actually, it puts an icon on the main IN-Command app that launches the TPMS app when you click it and the TPMS app has an icon to get you back to the main app. So really it is just a couple of convenient shortcuts.

Other than that, there is not much difference between the IN-Command TPMS and the others that use a phone for display. It does appear to be the least expensive one of these types on Etrailer.com.
Old 11-06-2020, 04:56 AM   #10
Ranchhand

[QUOTE=Brantel;420154

Not sure why you are having issues. I can control my rig even from inside my house over BT. Never any issues in and around the rig.[/QUOTE]

That is a good question. Don’t know why it will not stay connected. Maybe someone can answer that. I would say 80% of the time I can not roll my awnings up without entering my passcode at least two or three times. The other 20% it works fine. Not really a big deal just a pain. With today’s technology I would have assumed it to work better
Old 11-06-2020, 05:23 AM   #11
Brantel

Quote:
That is a good question. Don’t know why it will not stay connected. Maybe someone can answer that. I would say 80% of the time I can not roll my awnings up without entering my passcode at least two or three times. The other 20% it works fine. Not really a big deal just a pain. With today’s technology I would have assumed it to work better
I would reach out to ASA electronics. I have seen several positive reviews around their customer service. Might be something simple like an antenna wire missing or curled up or something similar. They also have firmware updates for older systems available.
Old 11-06-2020, 05:31 AM   #12
ChuckS

Jensen is a great company and they seem to stand behind issues with the In Command system.. so far...

That said it will be curious to see how this new tpms system holds up down the road. I’ve been using TST507 for seven years now.. not one issue and customer support is excellent. Sent me free set of seals when I inquired where to get when replacing the batteries..

Also every gadget you add via BT draws more cell phone battery power .. during the course of an 8 to 12 hour day on the road I wonder what the overall battery life consumption on the cell phone is .. even though it’s BLE

You’d have to have then phone display UP all the time to be able to glance and see the data real time...

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 05:36 AM   #13
Brantel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
Jensen is a great company and they seem to stand behind issues with the In Command system.. so far...

That said it will be curious to see how this new tpms system holds up down the road. I’ve been using TST507 for seven years now.. not one issue and customer support is excellent. Sent me free set of seals when I inquired where to get when replacing the batteries..

Also every gadget you add via BT draws more cell phone battery power .. during the course of an 8 to 12 hour day on the road I wonder what the overall battery life consumption on the cell phone is .. even though it’s BLE

You’d have to have then phone display UP all the time to be able to glance and see the data real time...
Not a problem with a hands free cradle and charge cable. That is the normal for my phone anyway. Not much downside actually.
Old 11-06-2020, 07:01 AM   #14
behrmr

Quote:
The app's a pain with the passwords but entering it twice is "normal". I believe the first password is to unlock the app and the second is to unlock the In-Command.
behrmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 07:17 AM   #15
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Not to pile on but 20% is not even acceptable as a batting average. That would either be fixed or pitched into the trash if it were mine. You must be a very patient person. JMHO
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 07:26 AM   #16
Ranchhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Not to pile on but 20% is not even acceptable as a batting average. That would either be fixed or pitched into the trash if it were mine. You must be a very patient person. JMHO
Well I agree and patience is not one of my virtues. If it really makes me mad I just grab my beer and go hit the button on the touchscreen that is really to small. The small buttons on the touchscreen probably irritate me more then the blue tooth disconnecting all the time.
Old 11-06-2020, 07:42 AM   #17
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Well I agree and patience is not one of my virtues. If it really makes me mad I just grab my beer and go hit the button on the touchscreen that is really to small. The small buttons on the touchscreen probably irritate me more then the blue tooth disconnecting all the time.
I hear that. I have big sausage fingered hands that are difficult for a tablet and darned near impossible to operate my phone screen on a good day (and I have a larger tablet style phone). After the 7 cervical spine surgeries there are days that I have difficulty typing on a keyboard so I just step away.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:44 AM   #18
ewbldavis

Interesting...I like that it'd be in the In Command app.

To confirm - you can set alerts? IMO, you should be looking at the road, not your TPMS screen or whatever. If you can set alerts at say 10-15 PSI below "normal", then you don't have to keep looking at it. If alert goes off, you know you need to check it and/or stop.

Pricing seems much more reasonable too. My In-Command works great except when running slides/awning with phone - they'll stop/start even if I don't move finger.

Eddy

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L
2020 Cougar 32BHS
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 09:21 AM   #19
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewbldavis View Post

To confirm - you can set alerts? IMO, you should be looking at the road, not your TPMS screen or whatever. If you can set alerts at say 10-15 PSI below "normal", then you don't have to keep looking at it. If alert goes off, you know you need to check it and/or stop.

Pricing seems much more reasonable too. My In-Command works great except when running slides/awning with phone - they'll stop/start even if I don't move finger.
Can't answer the alerts question for InCommand. My TPMS has alerts that user settable. I still scan it to make sure that it's still working. I have mine (very small receiver) by my instrument panel.

I may be different than the average user. When my father taught me how to drive he stressed scanning the gauges. It was a natural transition when I began boating and flying to continue the practice of scanning all instruments/gauges.
Old 11-06-2020, 10:02 AM   #20
Brantel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewbldavis View Post

Yep you can, see attachment for user alerts setup screen.

As for your starts and stops, if you have this issue when using the DC touchscreen, I suggest recalibrating it. If it is on the app, I have no suggestions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0937.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	30665