Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2014, 12:18 PM   #1
Nos ProMod

Soon to be new owner? I hope!

Anyone know who does the shipping for Keystone? I ordered a new 2015 361TG 2 months ago...it was due 10 days ago and my dealer kinda jerkin me around

TIA!!
Nos ProMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:36 PM   #2
hnhmac

how far are they shipping it?
Old 04-29-2014, 12:56 PM   #3
Nos ProMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnhmac View Post
how far are they shipping it?
I'm in Erie,PA.... 330 miles
Old 04-29-2014, 01:04 PM   #4
hnhmac

maybe if you call a few places around them, and see if they have someone they use to haul it and deliver to you, or at least that is what we did. I also heard if you call the rail road they can transport it that way also. I just called all rv store and asked if they knew of anyone that could deliver and they gave me a number. it was a bit expensive but worked great.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:05 PM   #5
Nos ProMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnhmac View Post
maybe if you call a few places around them, and see if they have someone they use to haul it and deliver to you, or at least that is what we did. I also heard if you call the rail road they can transport it that way also. I just called all rv store and asked if they new of anyone that could deliver and they gave me a number. it was a bit expensive but worked great.
Heck I'd go get it! LOL

thanks for the input!
Old 04-29-2014, 04:00 PM   #6
GaryWT

Talking to my dealer the other day, they are having issues with deliveries. The transporters get the same money no matter what size trailer they bring so all the 20 foot trailers are arriving on time or early and all the 30 foot plus trailers are not coming. The dealer was probably going to offer the transporters a bonus for bring the larger ones. Also the said transporters are more likely to take southern runs than eastern runs for us in New England.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:57 PM   #7
HappyCamperMN

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryWT View Post
Talking to my dealer the other day, they are having issues with deliveries. The transporters get the same money no matter what size trailer they bring so all the 20 foot trailers are arriving on time or early and all the 30 foot plus trailers are not coming. The dealer was probably going to offer the transporters a bonus for bring the larger ones. Also the said transporters are more likely to take southern runs than eastern runs for us in New England.
Gary, that is not at all what I want to hear... Keeping my fingers crossed that our unit makes it here in under 2 weeks. MN is not at all "south" and ours is 30+ feet... two strikes against.

https://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...psyh8hlsyo.jpg
HappyCamperMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:17 PM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Many dealerships contract with specific hauling companies and specify which unit they want to arrive on which date. It's not really up to the hauler to "hitch up and haul what he wants"... The dispatcher and the dealer decide those parts of the delivery contract. Now, if there are 6 or 8 trailers to be delivered and the dealer has no schedule, I wouldn't blame a hauler for picking the smallest/lightest unit to drag cross country and asking the dispatcher of he can drag that unit. But that seldom happens as the hauler is given a specific VIN to take to a specific location, not just "pick one and go"......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:02 AM   #9
Nos ProMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryWT View Post
thanks for the reply... that stinks for me too...2 strikes 30+ and North East LOL

Old 04-30-2014, 06:13 AM   #10
Hercules1978

Hmmmm. I wonder what that means for my 31SQB heading to SE Michigan.
1 or 2 strikes

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Hercules1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:54 AM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

Last July when my Cougar was built, it came out of the factory on a Thursday afternoon and was sitting on the dealer's lot Friday morning when he unlocked the gate. It's a 350 mile trip from Goshen to Onaway. Really, it more depends on who the dealer has his transportation contract and how many "retired drivers" that delivery contractor has sitting around wanting to make a few bucks. I've got a few friends that deliver RV's. They started after hurricane Katrina with FEMA trailers and still tow once or twice a month as a part time job. They get a call from dispatch on Wednesday or Thursday for a Friday/Saturday departure and they are usually back home Sunday afternoon or sooner. That part depends on how far they need to tow. There are several drivers around the Traverse City area that "run down to Goshen/Elkhart and drag one back the same day. Most dealer locations in the northeast do the same type of delivery contracting.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:10 AM   #12
Nos ProMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Last July when my Cougar was built, it came out of the factory on a Thursday afternoon and was sitting on the dealer's lot Friday morning when he unlocked the gate. It's a 350 mile trip from Goshen to Onaway. Really, it more depends on who the dealer has his transportation contract and how many "retired drivers" that delivery contractor has sitting around wanting to make a few bucks. I've got a few friends that deliver RV's. They started after hurricane Katrina with FEMA trailers and still tow once or twice a month as a part time job. They get a call from dispatch on Wednesday or Thursday for a Friday/Saturday departure and they are usually back home Sunday afternoon or sooner. That part depends on how far they need to tow. There are several drivers around the Traverse City area that "run down to Goshen/Elkhart and drag one back the same day. Most dealer locations in the northeast do the same type of delivery contracting.
I feel like I'm getting more jacked by my dealer... I offered to go get it...only 325 miles...
Old 04-30-2014, 10:03 AM   #13
LuvsPalmTrees

Since they could not guarantee the date our TT was to be delivered on, the owner of our dealership went down and picked it up himself. I thought that was great customer service.
LuvsPalmTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:07 AM   #14
Nos ProMod

Finding out now it was completed 8 fuggin days ago...and sent to a ship yard and no one seems to know when it will be here... fugggggin pissed.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:14 PM   #15
GaryWT

Those of you not as Far East as New England could be fine. The day at the dealer there was a rep from Winnabago travel trailers and his comment is he has never seen so many trailers in Indiana, manufacturer are leasing and buying land just to park them as they wait deliver. I guess it is a good thing the everyone is busy.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:30 PM   #16
Nos ProMod

Finally arrived today! 11 days after being completed...

Dealer will have ready for Monday afternoon!
Old 05-02-2014, 06:17 PM   #17
GaryWT

That's great

Good news for all, just drove from MA to OH and saw dozens and dozens of trailers and 5ers heading east. Lost count there were so many.