Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2014, 09:21 AM   #1
jbh512

Can't decide

At first I was sure I wanted the 217rbs now I'm not so convinced. The premier 19 looks pretty good too. I can get them for about the same price just not sure what I should do. I like the TV center but It's not a deal breaker at all. I'm 6' tall and the TV center is right at my feet. Any one here having the same dilemma? Is the premier that much better quality? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
jbh512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:30 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh512 View Post
At first I was sure I wanted the 217rbs now I'm not so convinced. The premier 19 looks pretty good too. I can get them for about the same price just not sure what I should do. I like the TV center but It's not a deal breaker at all. I'm 6' tall and the TV center is right at my feet. Any one here having the same dilemma? Is the premier that much better quality? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
As mentioned many times on this forum .... Quality is about the same on all Keystone products. The difference is in the options and standard features. The important thing is to find a floorplan YOU can live with and still remain in your budget. JM2˘, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:33 AM   #3
GaryWT

Guess the 217 is a Bullet? If so they both have the tv. We have a Premier and I am 6 feet tall. I do not have an issue. I like the higher ceilings in the Premier but both are nice trailers.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:36 AM   #4
jbh512

Thanks for the responses and sorry I should have been more clear. The premier I'm looking at is the 19fbpr. It doesn't have the TV center like the 217rbs. It also doesn't have the rear door to the bathroom. Both of those I don't find necessary. I guess I am mostly interested in those that picked the premier over the bullet and why? I am leaning toward the premier.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:02 AM   #5
SkyPiGG

My choice would be the Bullet 217RBS over the Premier FBPR. First, I am not a fan of the U-dinette. It seats far less people than it says it can. The folding table in the Bullet makes the couch much more functional. Second, the Bullet also has about 2X (if not more) indoor storage. You're going to love (and need) that. Third, the Bullet has more counter space. You're going to want that too. Lastly, the center TV swivels to the bedroom, which gives you more viewing options. We have that in our Cougar, and love it. I'm 6' 4" and I have a problem with the center TV, but you should be OK at 6 feet. I'm trading up to a Premier myself, but I think the better choice of the two here(imho) is the Bullet. (They are both made from the same people, so quality is not a concern). Anyway, which ever you choose, I hope you enjoy it!

Happy camping!
SkyPiGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:35 AM   #6
jbh512

Thanks for responding Sky. I am trying to talk myself into the Bullet but still can't decide. I will be living in this by myself for a couple months at a time for work. The TV center in the Bullet makes the space look smaller plus I like the extra head room in the premier. I didn't really consider the storage or counter space though. Why are you choosing the Premier? Also, how do you like your fastway e2 hitch?
Old 03-23-2014, 05:10 PM   #7
SkyPiGG

We picked the Premier with a rear living room because we didn't want the bunk house any more. The main selling point for me was the light weight, wide axle stance and double slide out. Our daughter and her friends will sleep on couches and tables. They were getting too old/tall for the bunks in our COugar anyway.
SkyPiGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:06 PM   #8
koko

We have a Premier 19 and really like it. We have easily fit 4 adults around the table in the booth and another with a camp stool in the isle. Love the high ceilings. We personally like the open bed. For us, there is tons of storage space.

2017 Jayco Melbourne 24k-Jeep Wrangler
2013 Bullet Premier 19FBPR-Dodge Durango V8 Hemi
2013 Rpod 177HRE-Jeep Liberty
2011 Aliner Sport-Jeep Cherokee
2008 Little Guy 5^Wide-Toyota Avalon
1980 Shasta 21-GMC Suburban
1981 Coleman Tent Camper-1981 Dodge Ramcharger
1978 VW Westfalia
Lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote