Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2014, 08:14 AM   #1
KBuck

2014 Cougar X-Lite "Big Country" Package

I'm very interested in buying a 2014 Cougar X-lite 28RLS TT. I just found out Keystone is offering subject package on the 2014 X-Lite models. I like the options that come with it. Has anyone seen it or have one yet? Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
KBuck
KBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:52 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

I believe it's the Cougar "High Country" package that you're talking about. If you click on the "Download PDF" tab (on the Keystone RV website on the XLite page) it will open a PDF file. That PDF file says, "Now available on any model you choose*" When you go to the *at the bottom of the page, it says, "Not available on 30FKV and Ultra Lite models"

The High Country package is available on the "standard build" Cougar, but not on the Cougar Half Ton or the Cougar XLite models. -----Maybe in the future????? but not on 2014 models.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:40 PM   #3
markgrose

Smile

hi, new owner of a 2014 28 rls
Spent two weeks in it at Christmas to break it in. A bit nipply in SC. as well
You dont need the two chairs, trade for a decent recliner or its going to be a pain when you suck in the slide.
#2 grey water tank valve is very hard to get to, behind axle and 4- 5 feet in when the slide is out, if you can lay down without a problem, it,s no big deal.
workmanship is partially subpar, maybe just mine is like this . somebody got nuts with the screw gun and/ or stapler .
i would spend a lot more time than I did looking for places that you cant see while prone, get under it and operate every thing you can, mine had a few cheap little shortcuts.
plenty of room , try to upgrade to a quality mattress. i just kept my after market one.
tons of inside storage, limited outside storage but one makes do, not a big deal.
The main interior outlet circuit, from front too bathroom will not handle two small electric heaters, i can remember for sure but the wattage wasnt all that much.
markgrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:07 AM   #4
richf28

I was at the Tampa show last week. They did have a 2014 cougar x-lite with the high country package. Salesman told me it is a $2000.00 option. The features of the option is different from the cougar line and x-lite.

Rich and Deb
Erie, PA
2011 Ford Screw with Ecoboost
2010 Keystone Hornet 28RLS
Hensley Hitch
richf28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:26 PM   #5
81SHOVELHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBuck View Post
I'm very interested in buying a 2014 Cougar X-lite 28RLS TT. I just found out Keystone is offering subject package on the 2014 X-Lite models. I like the options that come with it. Has anyone seen it or have one yet? Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
KBuck
Hello
We purchased our 2014 Cougar 28 RLS X LITE in October 2013.
Have camped in it a total 0f 28 days (South Texas Here) & have absolutely 0 issues .
Tow it with a 2012 Ram 2500 HD Hemi 4X4 & IT Tow's well with Equalizer 4 point hitch .
It has the polar package & even with temps in the low 20's a couple days the 1500 WATT portable electric heater worked great .
Its a great travel trailer for me, DW & our little Snauzer.
As for as the galley tank I bought a y fitting & use 2 hoses .I just leave this valve open ,
When we get ready to bring in slide I just pull the swivel rocker closest to slide out into the door entry way for clearance .
My wife loves the x-large shower in the unit.
We have camped with as many as 5 people for weekends (in-laws) we still had plenty of room
Hope this helps
81SHOVELHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:08 AM   #6
KBuck

All,
Thank you very much for your responses. I'm currently working with a local dealership for a good price. I'm sure I'll have some more questions as we go forward.
R, KBuck
KBuck is offline   Reply With Quote