Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2013, 01:17 AM   #1
blay

fantastic fan

We have a fantastic fan in the bathroom and when I set the remote for 75- 80 if it is real hot I go back in and its at 85-90 is this right ? I thought it was not supposed to go past the set point that I set. Can anyone give me an explanation on this thank you
blay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:04 AM   #2
diugo
Permanent User Ban

The Fan-Tastic Vent is not an air conditioner. It cools only if the outside air is cooler air than the inside. The thermostat simply tells it when to turn on. If it turns on between 75-80 it is doing its job. It should then keep running until the temperature falls below 75-80---which may not be until evening, when the outside air falls below 75-80.

Cross ventilation is also important. The moving air needs to go somewhere. If the bathroom door is closed while the fan is on, there's probably not enough circulation. Leaving the door ajar, or widening the gap under the door will improve this.
diugo is offline   Reply With Quote