Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2021, 05:42 PM   #1
Dan Lockwood

Got To Give Thumbs Up To My New Ford F-350!

I've just finished my second hauling trip with our new '21 Ford F-350 KR DRW Diesel. WOW!

We just got back from a haul to central MI, Mt Pleasant to be exact. My home town is Farwell. Dad graduated in Farwell in '32 and mom in Clare in '32. Lived in Midland for around 15 years. So Mt Pleasant is a good in between location to see friends/relative etc. We've stayed at the Soaring Eagle Hideaway RV Park now 3 times for a total so far of 8 weeks. We have reserves for a month in September and into October. Great place. All blacktop roads and concrete pads. Lot sizes may be a bit tight, but larger than others we've stayed at.

Back to this awesome new truck. A disclaimer! I'm sure "new" GM's and RAM's do a great job too, but compared to my previous '12 RAM DRW, that I thought did a good job, is ridiculous.

Got 9.5 mpg on the way home, but I was pushing it hard as we got out an hour later than I had hoped. It just takes me forever to tear down and get the Harleys loaded up. Clean out the garage of all living "stuff", roll up carpets etc, move mini fridge and get in the bikes. Rinse out the sewer hoses many times, anal that way I guess...

Okay, back to the truck.

I was running 70 + all the way home other than construction zones. Up hills were no issues, barely downshifted on them. I can easily hit 70 mph on entrance ramps to merge into traffic that I could NOT do before. I had a long row of truckers going up hill that I had to pass before another row of fast moving cars caught up to me. I passed up hill without ever hitting down hard and was gaining speed all the time, just awesome!

I know, I shouldn't be driving that fast, and I normally don't... I do have recent new Sailun's and all new wheel bearings, so I felt quite confident of the reliability of my RV to handle the speed. There is no sway with this truck and with the addition last year of the MorRyde pin box, it hauls very smoothly. I had Airlifts on my RAM, but nothing on the Ford. When I load up the toy hauler and sit it down on the hitch, it drops a bit, but just to the point of barely touching the overload spring pads. So stopped at a gas station the overloads are NOT touching. The truck sits level and I'm quite happy with that.

The seat massage is also great when you have a 10 hour drive. Keeps you from having to squirm from side to side to move your butt around. The cooled seat part does not work quite a good as I thought they should, but they do cool.

Around town at home I get high 16's and on long unloaded trips, 300 to 400 miles, the lie-o-meter says mid 19's. After driving a long empty day I filled up when we got home and the est range was over 900 miles!!! Doubt I would have ever seen that in actual miles, but it was interesting to see none the less.

Again, I'm NOT brand bashing here, just saying how much we like the new Ford. I am truly a GM guy, been all my life and my dad before me, but we're very happy and hope to have this many years, with or without a RV to pull. My wife just LOVES driving this thing as she likes to be high over the road.

Sorry for rambling on and on, but with all the negatives around here, just thought I would say how happy we are with the new Ford.
'09 Harley CVO Road Glide
'76 Harley FLH Shovelhead
Dan Lockwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford