Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2017, 08:44 AM   #1
B&T_NF-NY

New sumerland 2200 - TPMS ?

Hi I've read about tpms on RV's It sounds like a good idea. Any thoughts on this? This is our first RV and any advice on equipment add-ons, site links, or other wisdom would greatly be appreciated. (one other thing - we have not picked up the unit yet) I've seen the pre delivery inspection list - thanks for that, now this might sound stupid but what do we do if the unit isn't as agreed - proper repairs, correct parts/ packages etc. ? Repeated returns to the dealer isn't practical for us. thanks again for your advice
B&T_NF-NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 09:56 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

If repeated returns aren't practical it is imperative that 1) you have a super dealership that goes their best to take care of the customer and does a thorough PDI of their own before you ever get to the trailer, 2) you do a VERY comprehensive PDI before you take the trailer (check EVERY system, use city water, water pump, black tank wash, AC, heater [check all vents for airflow on both], get on the roof and check it for any anomalies or bad seals, use the stove and check ignitors and oven, have them open the access panel to your water connections and make sure you don't have any leaks, check TV etc.); use the PDI from this forum and check everything on it plus whatever else you can think of and 3) make sure all the items are corrected to your satisfaction before you take ownership. If the dealer balks at any of it you might take that as a bad sign...............
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:24 AM   #3
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

I can not write enough in this post to cover the importance of the PDI, TPMS, and the overall Dealer Walk Through, therefore I highly recommend you take some time and review the related information on these topics by doing a search on the forum using PDI, TPMS, etc. ......

My comments on these topics as well as other members experiences/comments can be found there. Very good information, Oh by the way there is an active thread if you need popcorn to enjoy while reading.

Good Luck
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote