Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2018, 07:10 PM   #1
Raider712

Kitchen sink not draining

Hello. I have a 2019 Springdale 270LE. We have been having a problem with the kitchen sink not draining g at all. I have snaked both directions with a 50ft snake and also ensured grey tank for sink is empty. I replaced the vent under the sink as well thinking that may be the case but no draining. Bathroom and shower both drain with no issues. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Raider712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 07:55 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Have you found and pulled the drain handle for the galley holding tank? That's a new trailer...I wouldn't be using a snake..be careful.

Odessa...as in TX? Raider712...not as in Texas Tech??
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 08:27 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

As sourdough said, you probably haven't dumped the galley gray tank. If you look under the trailer, just forward of the axles on the road side, you should find the gray tank dump handle. On the photos I can find of your trailer (Springdale 270LE) there is a decal on the trailer slide, just under the dinette window that matches the size of the two dump valve decals on the rear roadside corner of the trailer. My guess is that decal says, "Gray water valve" and is in line with the galley gray water tank valve.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 08:33 PM   #4
Steveo57

In addition to the suggestions above have you tried draining the sink with the tank outlet open. If there's an issue with the tank vent that might give you a clue.
Old 12-29-2018, 07:36 AM   #5
Raider712

Yes in Odessa and yes to Texas Tech! Wreck em Tech! My holding tank is open. Tried to see if it will drain with valve closed and open with nothing attached and it just fills the sink.
Old 12-29-2018, 07:59 AM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider712 View Post
Yes in Odessa and yes to Texas Tech! Wreck em Tech! My holding tank is open. Tried to see if it will drain with valve closed and open with nothing attached and it just fills the sink.

Hey! We live in Lamesa, I attended Tech and so did my daughter!

I am assuming your trailer has 2 gray tank drains and you are pulling the one for the galley?
Old 12-29-2018, 08:12 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Your response gives the impression that you're pulling the handle on a SINGLE holding tank. There are two gray valves (and one black valve) handle under your trailer (three valve handles). Are you pulling "the correct gray tank valve" ???? Two (black and bathroom gray) are behind the slide and are connected together. There is also one (galley gray) located forward of the axles, under the slide and from what I see in the photos I've found, requires a second sewer hose connection to empty the tank.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 12-29-2018, 08:14 AM   #8
travelin texans

I would recommend NEVER use a snake or ANY drain cleaning chemicals in any rv, you'll end with way more damage than you'll cure!!
Have you taken the drain apart? The factories are notorious for lack of construction clean up, you may have a drain full of saw dust, a rag, screws or maybe a screwdriver. My friend took the underbelly lose to reattach a drain cable & found a Dewalt impact driver.
My guess is the tanks full & you haven't found the handle yet.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 08:46 AM   #9
dblanch57

Raider, I beleive the other posters are trying to tell you that you have two (2) grey tanks. one on the bathroom side which would be with the black tank. The other is located by the wheels on the door or road side of the trailer. They are probably plumbed together so open the drain with your sewer hose attached and go find the handle on the opposite side of the trailer (some say it is tucked up under the fender area and hard to see) give it a pull. I pray that is the solution. It makes sense because with the kitchen opposite side from the bathroom it would be hard to run the sink drain into the grey tank at the back of the trailer. Good luck

2020 Ford F250 Crewcab 4x4 6.2L
2017 Passport Elite 31RE
DW & Me
<+><
dblanch57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 09:55 AM   #10
Raider712

Both grey tanks are always open. I’ve taken the p trap off and it’s clear. I have also tried the baking soda vinegar trick with no luck there either. I have also tried removing the hose on the galley tank with value open and turned in the water in the kitchen but nothing comes out the tank. Sink just fills up.
Old 12-29-2018, 10:16 AM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

When you pull the valve handle on the galley gray tank can you reach inside and feel (or visualize) the valve blade? Is the valve actually opening or is the rod/handle moving and the valve remaining closed? It sounds like the galley holding tank is full and not empting. It does not sound like there is a clogged drain line from the sink to the tank. From the photos I've seen of your trailer plumbing system, the entire valve is exposed below the trailer belly covering. You should be able to reach into the drain fitting and feel the valve blade. I'd suspect the handle has either unscrewed from the blade or the attachment rod fitting is broken.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 12-29-2018, 10:18 AM   #12
sourdough
Site Team

Sounds like you may have some sort of debris blocking the tank drain. Several on the forum have had those kinds of issues. I believe some have used a camera to run down the drain to see what the blockage was - that might be a possibility. On a side note, I would recommend NOT leaving your grey tanks open all the time. Open them when the tank(s) are full.
Old 12-29-2018, 10:20 AM   #13
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Both grey tanks are always open. I’ve taken the p trap off and it’s clear. I have also tried the baking soda vinegar trick with no luck there either. I have also tried removing the hose on the galley tank with value open and turned in the water in the kitchen but nothing comes out the tank. Sink just fills up.
Sounds like the cable or rod has disconnected from the valve. Time to crawl under and get a little dirty. Could also be construction debris blocking the valve. JM2¢, Hank ....... It's not fair, Danny types faster than me. He must use two fingers!!
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 11:39 AM   #14
Raider712

I’ll try that later today. Would the sensors show that the tank is empty if the valve wasn’t actually opening?
Old 12-29-2018, 12:05 PM   #15
Steveo57

Quote:
Hello. I have a 2019 Springdale 270LE. We have been having a problem with the kitchen sink not draining g at all. I have snaked both directions with a 50ft snake and also ensured grey tank for sink is empty. I replaced the vent under the sink as well thinking that may be the case but no draining. Bathroom and shower both drain with no issues. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
You snaked out the drain in both directions? Not sure what you mean by that. Did you get the snake all the way into the tank?
Old 12-29-2018, 12:28 PM   #16
SummitPond

Quote:
I’ll try that later today. Would the sensors show that the tank is empty if the valve wasn’t actually opening?
The forum members will inform you the sensors are notoriously inaccurate, although I've never read about them indicating empty unless a wire was broken.

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 12:59 PM   #17
Raider712

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitPond View Post
The forum members will inform you the sensors are notoriously inaccurate, although I've never read about them indicating empty unless a wire was broken.
That’s what I thought. I’ve read them giving false 2/3 full but not false empty. Plus the fact that when the sink is running and there is nothing coming out the open grey tank make me think there’s something wrong before the tank. But I’m not sure how or where to start looking.
Old 12-29-2018, 01:37 PM   #18
Terry W.

I'm staying out of this one. The first post states the "sink" won't drain, not the holding tank. Also he stated the holding tank was empty. He further stated he checked the p-trap, holding tanks drains don't have p-traps
2-11 Pound 4 Legged Furry Childern
Pickens, SC
Terry W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 05:56 AM   #19
Pull Toy

Your trailer is a 2019. Did it ever drain? Check with your dealer. If it’s a warranty issue,, make them fix it now, before their busy season.

As mentioned already, there are occasionally factory screw ups.

Good Luck,
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:37 AM   #20
GBR

Speaking from experience and online discussions with Keystone, I was advised that when they drill out the tanks for sink connections if the plug falls in the tank they do not remove it. I found this out when my sink did not drain and the drain line connection failed and overflowed in the belly. I then removed the belly, took the valve connection off and there was the piece of tank snuggly in the valve opening. I was under warranty at the time but I could not get into a dealer while in Florida for a month. Had them reconnect the tank to galley drain when I got back. Good luck.
Pullrite 16K Superglide
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
GBR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, sink