Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2020, 12:14 PM   #41
Frank G

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
What is really troubling is that states like Texas have parks that have a fairly high concentration of full timers... where are they supposed to go? How does staying in an RV park contribute to the spread of this virus? I think a lot of this may be due to local governments beginning to panic and not think clearly about the effect their edicts will have.
Most on the outside do not understand what a full-timer is or the difficulty it places on them if they are evicted. On the other side could you imagine the uproar if those in charge of federal, state and municipal camp grounds let those inside stay and prohibited new arrivals. To me that would be the sensible thing to do to minimize the spread. I would think privet campgrounds can make there own rules as long as they follow the local social distancing rules.
www.travelersrestresort.com
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 03:21 PM   #42
Twisties

Oregon and New Mexico went on state wide lockdown today. Oregon exempted RV Parks as an essential business. NM did not and in so far as I can see in a quick read of the order, more of a skim, all RV parks in NM will be closed without exception... unless maybe they fall under the exemption for providing sanitation services.... IDK.

If NM is closing all RV parks to even long-term RVers I think a major unintended consequence will emerge, and hopefully no other state will make that mistake in the future. In the meantime, fingers crossed for the NM RVers.
Twisties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 03:49 PM   #43
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisties View Post
Oregon and New Mexico went on state wide lockdown today. Oregon exempted RV Parks as an essential business. NM did not and in so far as I can see in a quick read of the order, more of a skim, all RV parks in NM will be closed without exception... unless maybe they fall under the exemption for providing sanitation services.... IDK.

If NM is closing all RV parks to even long-term RVers I think a major unintended consequence will emerge, and hopefully no other state will make that mistake in the future. In the meantime, fingers crossed for the NM RVers.
If these states are "shutting down" RV parks evicting full-time residents in those parks those local governments should be required to furnace equivalent housing to those evicted.
WHY on Earth would they evict those folks & put them in some place in a large group when they could easily stay put where they're at separately.
Oh! I just answered my own question, one way would make sense, the other is the local government way! Silly me!!!!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:01 AM   #44
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
If these states are "shutting down" RV parks evicting full-time residents in those parks those local governments should be required to furnace equivalent housing to those evicted.
WHY on Earth would they evict those folks & put them in some place in a large group when they could easily stay put where they're at separately.
Oh! I just answered my own question, one way would make sense, the other is the local government way! Silly me!!!!
They have, uh, dung for brains.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:25 AM   #45
Twisties

Although the New Mexico order does not list RV Parks in it's exceptions, I called a park today and was told they believe they can remain open, and are open for now.
Twisties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 12:08 PM   #46
travelin texans

In last couple days we've gotten a couple emails from parks we've stayed in the past stating that they are open but are taking reservations & payments by phone only. No personal contact plus some, or all, of their public buildings/facilities are closed with those that are open are being disinfected regularly several times daily as needed. Doing their best to accommodate those traveling to get home or fulltimers needing a place to hold up til this fiasco is over. I commend those parks for their common sense & compassion!
Replacement undetermined
Old 03-25-2020, 07:19 AM   #47
Keystoned

Just got booted out of a Gila Nat'l forest campground. Any with a public bathroom are closed as of today in NM. People were stealing the tp and pt the host said in passing. Looks like RV parks are not accepting new folks.
So we came home since the heater needs work. Would have been nice to disperse camp but would have froze or burned through all the propane quickly...but the biggie was that the fish were not biting, nothing at all.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:36 PM   #48
Rocketsled

Whelp. The state of Colorado is closed.

Based on that, I squeaked out to the storage lot and brought the trailer home. Told the HOA and everything.

I figure I've got til April 11 to get the backup camera installed and the new ground wires run. I'll call the cops when I'm done and see if I go from one isolated area to another isolated area, will I get arrested or worse?

If they say stay put...guess I'll be camping in front of the house.
Rocketsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:45 PM   #49
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketsled View Post

Based on that, I squeaked out to the storage lot and brought the trailer home. Told the HOA and everything.

I figure I've got til April 11 to get the backup camera installed and the new ground wires run. I'll call the cops when I'm done and see if I go from one isolated area to another isolated area, will I get arrested or worse?

That'll just "thrill the socks off your HOA"......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 07:43 PM   #50
Rocketsled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Some forethought may have occurred.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:08 PM   #51
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Some forethought may have occurred.
Any day you can "out-think" an HOA is a "wunnerful day" !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:30 PM   #52
B-O-B'03

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Glad I do not have one of those and can park our camper on the pad, under the cover in our yard, with the DW's pickup parked in the drive way.

We also get to paint the house the color of our choice and plant whatever we want, anywhere in OUR yard.

-Brian
Old 03-25-2020, 10:19 PM   #53
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisties View Post

Washington has also closed all state parks, they have also closed the state parks to their host. In Oregon we had the option of leaving or staying, closure is about six weeks currently so host and rangers will be keeping the parks ready for the return of the campers. Grass grows rapidly in April and early May. It is also an opportunity to get some maintenance done that is hard to do when there in campers in the park.
Many host are full timers and many don’t have a place to go other than a commercial RV Park, so hopefully states will not close those, maybe to says less than 28 days to reduce traveling RV’s.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:13 AM   #54
B-O-B'03

RV Life has a pretty good page that looks like it is updated regularly.

-Brian
Old 03-26-2020, 07:49 AM   #55
Mulb

MS state parks. Open full hookups but no bath houses.
Mulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 07:58 AM   #56
KimNTerry

Quote:

Colorado is in fact open
https://cpw.state.co.us/aboutus/Page...-Response.aspx
Let's look at facts not fear. While a "Stay-At-Home" order has been issued by Governer Polis the state parks remain open and people are in fact encouraged to use them to get outside. Visitor centers and offices may be closed but the parks them selves remain open. Please keep distancng in mind and do not congregate.

My reservation for next week has not been cancelled yet. Getting the trialer out next Wednesday to get it prepped.

2016 Cougar 1/2 Ton Series 283 RETWE
2018 F150 EcoBoost FX4 Lariat Max-Tow and Heavy Duty Payload Package
KimNTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:36 AM   #57
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimNTerry View Post
Colorado is in fact open
Let's look at facts not fear. While a "Stay-At-Home" order has been issued by Governer Polis the state parks remain open and people are in fact encouraged to use them to get outside. Visitor centers and offices may be closed but the parks them selves remain open. Please keep distancng in mind and do not congregate.

My reservation for next week has not been cancelled yet. Getting the trialer out next Wednesday to get it prepped.
Do they realize how ridiculous that sounds!
Everyone head out to your local park but keep your distance!!
All offices & buildings are closed so where does everyone outside enjoying the park go to the toilet?
Some states are saying "open for day use, but no camping"??? This virus is only spread at night so stay out? No problems with everyone out & about duriing the day?
Do we "Stay-At-Home" or do we all go play in the park during the day? Watch out after dark? Is it vampires/werewolves spreading the virus?
This thing has gone from take care of yourself to utterly ridiculous!
Replacement undetermined
Old 03-26-2020, 08:54 AM   #58
Rocketsled

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimNTerry View Post
Colorado is in fact open

While you are correct at this moment in time, I’m not confident the final boundaries are set. I have camping scheduled early April that I’m REALLY HOPING will happen, but we’ve had a lot of doors shut lately.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:49 AM   #59
Rocketsled

Effective March 26, 2020: Colorado State Parks remain open, but*Colorado Parks and Wildlife (CPW) will close all playgrounds, campgrounds, dispersed camping and camping facilities (including yurts and cabins) at Colorado’s state parks as well as camping at State Wildlife Areas effective Thursday, March 26 until further notice. This action has been taken based on The Stay-At-Home Order from Colorado Governor Jared Polis and the advice of the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

https://cpw.state.co.us/aboutus/Page...ronavirus_Info
Old 03-26-2020, 11:47 AM   #60
KimNTerry

If it closes, it closes, I get refunded and I'll just work like I have been and not use a day of PTO.

As long as it is fact that is being mentioned I'm good with it.

I am getting really tired of hearing phrases like "Lock down" and "shelter in place" used incorrectly. These phrases have specific meanings in what they convey and those meanings do not match the verbiage in the stay at home order. (I know as I was a Certified Emergency Manager for alot of years) All it is douing is spreadin panic and uncertainty.

2016 Cougar 1/2 Ton Series 283 RETWE
2018 F150 EcoBoost FX4 Lariat Max-Tow and Heavy Duty Payload Package
KimNTerry is offline   Reply With Quote