Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2022, 07:02 AM   #1
pilotjessee

Water Questions/Issues

Hello everyone… I’m a newbie to trailer ownership. I have a 2022 Bullet 1900RD. I’m looking for assistance with some questions regarding the water system.

1) Has anyone had issues with the moisture buildup in the hot water tank compartment? I have noticed water/moisture buildup under the tank. I’ve used towels and a dehumidifier to solve the problem and it seems to be helping. Anyone have other ideas as to what might cause this moisture.

2) I’ve been connected to city water, with a regulator attached to the hose. After owning the trailer for a couple months I noticed water coming out of the external fresh water tank fill spout. What might be the cause of this? It hasn’t done this before. I don’t recall switching any valves.

Thank you in advance for helping me to understand my new trailer.
pilotjessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 07:08 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

Is the moisture from the water heater inside the trailer? If so I would check all the fittings for any leakage. There shouldn’t be any moisture inside the trailer at that area.

If your hooked up to city water and the fresh tank is filling up, your water pump is most likely leaking at the check valve. You may be able to turn off the city water, run the water pump for a couple minutes. Then turn it off and turn the city water back on. If it doesn’t fix it, you’ll need to fix/replace the water pump.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 07:14 AM   #3
pilotjessee

Thank you for the reply.

There was a leak at one point in the hot water tank compartment with a connection and poor sealant from the outside. This has been resolved. It’s possible it’s residual. But sometimes it feels like the tank is moist on the outside , inside the insulation.

I’ll try your suggestion regarding the water pump. I appreciate it
pilotjessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 07:33 AM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Just as a note; If you have a Dometic (used to be Atwood) style water heater (no anode rod) just to advise I had a very similar issue with water collecting in the water heater compartment and felt like it was inside the foam cover. Turned out to be a hairline split in a weld on the tank and I replaced the entire water heater - it was approx. 1 year old.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water