Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2022, 05:31 AM   #1
jasin1

Missing members

I’m on my second year with the forum and have noticed that some members will be active on the forum and then just drop off the map.

I read the post about Festus2 and that was a nice tribute.

Years ago I used to hang out at a local bar and everyone noticed when a regular stopped coming in…someone would usually know the story and would update others.

I have gotten used to tuning in daily and listening to the conversations about rv’s…life lessons …and new places to travel.

Ive been able to hear other people’s perspectives based on their little corner of the world and I think it’s good to get outside my comfort zone and listen to how someone in Texas,California or Canada deals with day to day life.

A good many of the members and mods have wisdom and advice far beyond just rv’s

I’d encourage everyone to let someone know if they plan on going off the radar for awhile…or let a spouse or friend post an update …I often see a new member respond to a post and a someone post back “that memeber hasn’t posted in two years”
I get invested in people …maybe it’s a flaw..I dunno but it’s just how I am
Old 01-25-2022, 05:37 AM   #2
Scttw

Ahhh, I'm sure it's just life changes, and those people have less computer time then they did.

On another note - I got married in Cecil County Maryland
80 x 175 lot
Pics of our Setup
Scttw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 05:46 AM   #3
Brentw

Congrats
2008 Goldwing
Brentw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 05:47 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Unfortunately I have found lots of people join, ask 1 question and after they get an answer, don’t bother to acknowledge or reply anymore. It’s just a part of forum life I guess.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 06:13 AM   #5
Bustinbeards

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Unfortunately I have found lots of people join, ask 1 question and after they get an answer, don’t bother to acknowledge or reply anymore. It’s just a part of forum life I guess.
Which is a shame! I have found Forums are some of the best resources to find information and tips and tricks, not to mention the reviews of places to visit and camp.

When I start a new venture or adventure I look for a forum specific to it and dive in! IMHO many Folks are happy to share their experiences and knowledge and enjoy seeing the follow up posts where you apply the shared advice and accomplish what you have going on or need to do.

If you have a problem someone has been there or done that and usually has an answer or solution wether it be a trailer technical issue or just general advice. Everyone and their experiences brings something to the table.
Bustinbeards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 07:24 AM   #6
{tpc}

I kinda switched brands, left for awhile and came back. This is by far one of the better forums out there, regardless of brands. I find myself in the camping forums more when its camping season and less when it isn't, though when your a member of a bunch of different forums you could spend all day just "checking in".
Old 01-25-2022, 07:39 AM   #7
dutchmensport

I've enjoyed the Keystone Forum. I joined this forum years ago but was not very active for a long, long time. I had another forum site I used, pretty much exclusively. So, I'm sure, during my "silent" period, folks might have thought the same thing about me. What happened to that guy. One post and he's gone.

Well, it took a few year and that "other" site turned sour. The culture there turned ugly and I pretty much gave up on it. That's when I came back to this forum. By now, we'd just purchased our Montana High Country, so about 4 years ago I also joined the Montana Owner's Club forum, (sponsored by the same group that sponsors this forum), and IRV2 (which is more for motor homes, but still has some great information).

It seems, all these forums have now become extended family to me. Now that I'm retired, I have a little more time to start with one, read the new posts, add my 2 cents worth, and then move to the next forum site. It's now a daily habit.

So then, one day I was messing around with the different links and stuff on these forums and realized they were all sponsored by the same organization: RV life. And then I clicked on their web site: https://rvlife.com/ and scrolled down to the bottom of the page and had a mind-blowing experience!

I clicked on that "Learn More" link under "RV Communities" and discovered 20 different forum sites sponsored by RV life! Well! .... That's a LOT of reading now!

But my top 2 sites are Montana Owners Club, and this one! I've been on Keystone the longest as my Montana is now my 3rd Keystone camper.
Old 01-25-2022, 07:52 AM   #8
flybouy
Site Team

I think it's just "life". Some folks need information anmd view the forum as a "help desk". Those are the typical ask a question and disappear off to the sunset. others like to interact with others and socialize and unfortunately some just want attention and will seek it with negativity when they don't get their need satisfied otherwise. f a particular member is noticeably missing and you are concerned I'd suggest dropping them a PM. Sometimes life get's busy with things that folks may not wish to share with the "public at large".
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 08:22 AM   #9
wiredgeorge

Quite a few folks come on the forum, intro themselves and are told their tow vehicle is grossly over payload with the camper they pull. They tend to start swimming upstream in de Nile. After a few pitiful attempts at rationalizing their little foreign made tow vehicle pulling a 27K lb. camper, they get don't like hearing they are over payload and vamooooose. And for anyone to have been here, going into their 2nd year, and having over 2000 posts.... well, I suspect that forum user would be hard to root out of our fraternity!
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 11:19 AM   #10
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scttw View Post
Ahhh, I'm sure it's just life changes, and those people have less computer time then they did.

Congratulations!
Old 01-25-2022, 11:20 AM   #11
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Quite a few folks come on the forum, intro themselves and are told their tow vehicle is grossly over payload with the camper they pull. They tend to start swimming upstream in de Nile. After a few pitiful attempts at rationalizing their little foreign made tow vehicle pulling a 27K lb. camper, they get don't like hearing they are over payload and vamooooose. And for anyone to have been here, going into their 2nd year, and having over 2000 posts.... well, I suspect that forum user would be hard to root out of our fraternity!
Yep m glad I stuck around…thanks George
Old 01-25-2022, 11:22 AM   #12
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
I think it's just "life". Some folks need information anmd view the forum as a "help desk". Those are the typical ask a question and disappear off to the sunset. others like to interact with others and socialize and unfortunately some just want attention and will seek it with negativity when they don't get their need satisfied otherwise. f a particular member is noticeably missing and you are concerned I'd suggest dropping them a PM. Sometimes life get's busy with things that folks may not wish to share with the "public at large".
Good idea! Thanks
Old 01-25-2022, 11:29 AM   #13
Balvar24

Quote:
This sums it up pretty well.
Balvar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 11:30 AM   #14
Balvar24

Quote:
Quite a few folks come on the forum, intro themselves and are told their tow vehicle is grossly over payload with the camper they pull. They tend to start swimming upstream in de Nile. After a few pitiful attempts at rationalizing their little foreign made tow vehicle pulling a 27K lb. camper, they get don't like hearing they are over payload and vamooooose.
I'd say this explains it pretty well.
Balvar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 11:30 AM   #15
Gkri

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
As a newbie, first TT Nov. '20, the information here has been invaluable. I look at new members and new posts most days at lunch but as for posting much, it does appear there is a fraternity here and maybe new members might feel a bit on the "outside". Also, hard to contribute much when others have so much more knowledge to contribute.
2022 Sierra 2500 HD, 6.6L Gasser
Gkri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 01:25 PM   #16
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkri View Post
As a newbie, first TT Nov. '20, the information here has been invaluable. I look at new members and new posts most days at lunch but as for posting much, it does appear there is a fraternity here and maybe new members might feel a bit on the "outside". Also, hard to contribute much when others have so much more knowledge to contribute.
Keep posting and thanks for contributing! Everyone brings something to the table
Old 01-25-2022, 02:03 PM   #17
revrusty

This forum has been invaluable to me. I don't consider myself experienced enough to make comments on others problems very often. The questions I have posed have been covered wonderfully. I do read things on this forum at least 5 days a week. I gain knowledge all the time and have avoided having to ask questions several times because something had already been covered.
Maybe there are a lot of other members like me that look all the time but don't yet have a lot to contribute. Thanks to all of you that regularly respond to questions. I am definitely a better RV'er for it.

2021 Ram 3500 megacab w/ cummins 6.7HO, SRW
Cougar 25 MLE , 2024
revrusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 03:05 PM   #18
wiredgeorge

For folks who don't feel their answers are up to snuff; heck, go ahead and answer. If you are wrong someone will say something and perhaps you can learn why. There are a few really sharp folks on the site but have never heard one call out someone new for a poor solution or answer when someone asks for help. The only folks who would begin to annoy are the ones who have 1000 lb payload tow vehicles and 24000 lb campers and ARGUE because some source told them they were A-OK. Some come around and some just fade into the white noise thankfully and some just continue to argue.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 03:13 PM   #19
hankpage
Site Team

There aren't many members that have been around longer than I. (Wait, What was I going to say?) Oh, I know. I have a list of members that were active and just seemed to disappear. Others, as mentioned, get an answer or don't like the answer they get and never return.
The shared knowledge base of all our members is what makes this forum work. I have been camping since before many of our members were even born, but I have no knowledge about much of the new tech that is used on new trailers so I appreciate the input of our new members sharing their experience with these systems. I think that this is what makes our forum work. JM2¢, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 03:22 PM   #20
Gkri

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
There aren't many members that have been around longer than I. (Wait, What was I going to say?) Oh, I know. I have a list of members that were active and just seemed to disappear. Others, as mentioned, get an answer or don't like the answer they get and never return.
The shared knowledge base of all our members is what makes this forum work. I have been camping since before many of our members were even born, but I have no knowledge about much of the new tech that is used on new trailers so I appreciate the input of our new members sharing their experience with these systems. I think that this is what makes our forum work. JM2¢, Hank
examples of lessons learned just by "looking in". 1. winterized ourselves - big savings. 2. turned electric tongue jack 90-degrees so tail gate drops, 3. 2022 GMC 2500HD on order to replace 2015 GMC 1500 that is under weight but CLOSE - 1750 cargo rating (door sticker), 5,400 lb. trailer dry weight, 7,000 gross weight (trailer sticker). Just going to feel safer!

thanks to all who contribute.
2022 Sierra 2500 HD, 6.6L Gasser
Gkri is offline   Reply With Quote